The "Beer Side" | Best Place to Buy a Keg.
Expanding Craft Cocktail Supplies. | 14 Growler Taps.
Warehouse pricing on the largest selection of kegs, craft beer and now an expanding selection of craft cocktail ingredients for the adventurous mixologist. Keg prices/list here.
Follow Frugal's Beer Side on Twitter for new beer arrivals. Growler refill specials are announced, limited time offers, giveaways, and more. Also, sign up to receive our special "Beer Side" Email News. This is how we get the word out, so let your friends know.
Growlers: Take-Home Brew!
Growlers are 64 ounce refillable jugs that allow you to take home your favorite brew, fresh from the tap. Go eco-friendly, and enjoy hard-to-find brews, up to 5-day freshness in your refrigerator, and excellent value. A great way to support local breweries. No wonder growlers are the fastest growing beer segment at Frugal's.
Pricing: $8.99/refill. $3.99 for the refillable logo growler (jug). $11.99 for jug and refill. Look for Email and Twitter specials on jugs and refills.
Join Frugal's Growler Fill Club. Earn free refills!
Real-time Tap ticker. current Growlers on tap: We recently expanded to 14 taps!
- Black Abbey Barrel Aged Champion
- | Black Abbey Chapter House Belgian Pale
- | Black Abbey Enkel Belgian-style Farmhouse Ale
- | Czann's IPA
- | French Broad Anvil Porter
- | Green Flash 30th Street Pale Ale ($10.99)
- | Jackalope Thunder Anne APA
- | Lazy Magnolia Song of the South
- | Narragansset Bohemian Pilsner
- | Schlafly Yakima Wheat
- | Starr Hill Grateful Pale
- | Straight to Ale Rocket City Irish Red
- | Sweetwater Blue
- | Terrapin Recreation Ale
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Our Sour Ale Sale.
- Silly Sour Ale blends 13% of traditional dark Saison with 87% of soured ale. The delicate malt notes from the Saison manage to break through the striking green apple sourness upfront and than give a way to a finishing jolt of lactic sourness. From Brasserie de Silly in Belgium. Beer Advocate 83. 5.5% ABV. $2.99/11-ounce bottle.
- Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale is from the Philadelphia establishment by the same name. The ale is brewed by Van Steenberge in East Flanders. Medium body, red color, somewhat fruity nose, malt flavor with a slight lactic taste. A real thirst quencher and palate cleanser. Beer Advocate 86. Ratebeer 91. 5.5% ABV. $3.99/11-ounce bottle.
New in store from Terrapin.
- Terrapin HI-5 IPA leads you down a road of pure adrenaline and beauty. Capturing the majestic flavor of citrusy hops that roll off your tongue like a white cap on an ocean wave, this scenic wonder will keep you in awe, sip after sip. 5.9% ABV. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Terrapin Liquid Bliss Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter is dark and smooth, with enough backbone to support the richer chocolate and peanut butter additions. It's even dry "peanuted" with brewery-boiled green peanuts. 6.7% ABV. IBU-23. Ratebeer 94. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Terrapin Maggie's Peach Farmhouse Ale delivers a wholesome host of peach flavor and a refreshing spiciness that will get your juices flowing. Brewed with Georgia grown peaches and a lot of love, this Old World style of beer will take you back to a simpler time. Just like Granny used to brew. 5.3% ABV. $9.99/4-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- North Coast Brewing opened in 1988 as a local brewpub in the historic town of Fort Bragg, located on California’s Mendocino Coast.
- Acme Pale Ale is a smooth, clean ale with faint citrus and honey flavor notes and a dry finish. Session beer. 5% ABV. $10.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Scrimshaw Pilsner is a fresh tasting Pilsner brewed in the finest European tradition. Scrimshaw has a subtle hop character, a crisp, clean palate, and a dry finish. 4.4% ABV. $10.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Red Seal Ale marries malt and hops beautifully in this full-bodied, copper-red Pale Ale. Red Seal Ale is generously hopped in the traditional manner for a long, spicy finish. Ratebeer 91. 5.5% ABV. IBU-42. $10.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Blue Star Wheat is a light, fruity, refreshing beer. Brewed in the style of the American beer renaissance, Blue Star is unfiltered, the yeast adding a complex note to the flavor profile. It’s especially good with a slice of lemon. 4.5% ABV. $10.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Stone Rick and Robbie's Spröcket Bier is the first ever winner of the Stone Spotlight Series brewing competition. A black rye Kölsch-style ale, it arose victorious over 18 other impressive entries ranging from barrel-aged stouts to fruit-laced sour beers and nearly everything in-between. A uniquely dark spin on this traditionally light-bodied German beer style, Spröcketbier delivers mild roast, effervescence and floral yeast presence in tremendously balanced form with the high level of drinkability that is the Kölsch style's hallmark. 5.4% ABV. IBU-40. $4.99/22 ounce bottle.
- Cool Springs Nice Rack Mango IPA pours a clean burnt orange with a large white head. Mango explodes off the tongue. As quickly as it came, the mango disappears to reveal a citrus forward west coast style IPA. A swirl of mango, pine, and grape fruit lingers on the palate. IBU-58. 6.2% ABV. $7.99/22-ounce bottle.
- Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat is a refreshing citrus ale, combining Lost Coast Harvest Wheat with natural tangerine flavors. Brewed with a combination of wheat and crystal malts, and finished with Perle hops. 5.5% ABV. $price/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- New Belgium Lips of Faith (3 Floyds collaboration) Grätzar is definitely a long-buried style from Poland. Full of bold flavors from oak-smoked wheat, and along with Midnight Wheat, this beer presents a pure black pour. A subtle, spicy note from the Polish Lublin hops hides in the aroma, just below the dark and smoky surface. Despite all appearances, the Gratzer is very drinkable at 4.5% ABV, and walks itself with a nice, light body. IBU-30. $9.99/22-ounce bottle.
- New Holland Incorrigible White Sour Ale celebrates the beauty of mischief. Wild yeasts and bacteria run free in our sour-aging cellar, the House of Funk, creating vibrant sour and acidic character in this delicate, yet complex wheat beer. The refreshingly tart session beer will tease your palate with a subtle, layered nuance. Ratebeer 92. Beer Advocate 88. 4% ABV. $5.99/22-ounce bottle.
- Yazoo Summer Seasonal is here. $8.49/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- New Belgium Summer Helles carries the pleasant sweetness of pale and German Pils malts, and levels off with the light and noble bitterness of Hallertau and Tettnang hops. It is 5 percent ABV and 21 IBUs, finishing crisp and dry. $17.99/12-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Resignation and Red Hook KCCO Black Lager is a toast lager with notes of chocolate and coffee. Unlike a heavy porter or a stout it's amazingly light, crispy, and sessionable. $8.59/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- A Resignation Brewery recipe (Austin) brewed by Redhook.
- Samuel Adams Porch Rocker is a 50/50 (ish) blend of beer and lemonade, like a shandy. A Helles beer was blended with lemon for a fresh-squeezed lemon taste, effervescent sweetness, and slightly tart, refreshing finish. A light malt character and hint of hops balance out this summer brew. 4.5% ABV. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles, $17.99/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Victory Summer Love is a golden ale made with pale malts, German hops and Brandywine River water. This specific style of beer was chosen because it has a broad appeal and will be accessible for casual beer drinkers, but will still retain exciting hop notes. Ratebeer 90. 5.5% ABV. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Victory Headwaters Pale is Victory's anniversary beer, brewed with four simple ingredients, worthy of it's 93 Beer Advocate rating. 5.2% ABV. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Victory Prima Pils is rated 95 Ratebeer, 91 Beer Advocate, 5.3% ABV. Heaps of hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Victory Brewing Company is near Philadelphia, and rates world class 95 points overall according to Beer Advocate.
- Brooklyn Summer Ale is refreshing and flavorful without being too heavy, resulting in a beer with a very sunny disposition. 4.5% ABV. $8.59/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Brooklyn Brown Ale uses pale, crystal, chocolate, and black malts to attain a complex creamy texture. It is more heavily hopped than its British forbears. 5.6% ABV. $8.59/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Brooklyn Lager is brewed to a pre-Prohibition recipe that dates back to the days when Brooklyn was the brewing capital of the East Coast. Dry-hopped, fresh, flowery, firm, and flavorful. 5.2% ABV. $8.59/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Garrett Oliver, the brewmaster of The Brooklyn Brewery, is editor-in-chief of The Oxford Companion to Beer, author of The Brewmaster's Table, and one of the foremost authorities in the world on the subject of beer.
- Leinenkugel's Shandy line was the fastest "turning" national craft beer on the market last summer. You likely know a shandy is a mixture of beer and lemonade. But did you know MillerCoors is now the parent Company of Leinenkugel's?
- Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy $7.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Leinenkugel's Shandy Sampler $16.99/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- R. J. Rockers Witty Twister is a Belgian style Witbier (White beer). A pinch of coriander and a twist of orange peel make it the perfect anytime ale. Bold and refreshing, it delivers a whirlwind of flavor and a crisp finish. Garnish with an orange. 4.75% ABV. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- R. J. Rockers Son of a Peach is an unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. Aromas of peach, wheat, and sweet citrus fruits, lead to peachy flavor and well-balanced fruit sweetness. 5.8% ABV. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- RJ Rockers Brewery is from Spartanburg.
The Heineken 8.5-ounce Slim Can.
- Heineken Slim is the first 8.5 oz. slim can format in the premium price beer segment. The sleek smaller can is the perfect size for outdoor and sports-viewing occasions, and ensures a colder liquid to the last sip. $11.89/12-pack 8.5-ounce cans.
Summer Craft Brews in Cans.
- New Belgium Sunshine is a filtered wheat beer that swirls in the mouth with ripples of coriander and orange peel tartness, settling into a sea of honey and apple tones. $17.99/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Schlafly Pale, Summer Lager, Hefeweizen; Can Sessions Yakima Wheat IPA, American Brown, IPA. $8.59/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Red Hare Long Day Lager is Bohemian style pilsener that is slightly deeper amber than most in this style. 4.98% ABV. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Red Hare Gangway IPA is slightly sweet, very hoppy, crisp but unfiltered. 6.9% ABV. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Magic Hat #9 is a sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. $17.99/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Brooklyn Lager or Summer Ale. $16.99/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Good People Pale or IPA. Great craft beer from Birmingham. $8.59/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- New Belgium Shift Pale Lager or Fat Tire Amber. $17.99/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Tailgate Blacktop Blonde is a good "sessionable" American brew with a just enough hops. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yellow Pils. 5.3% ABV. $8.99/4-pack 16-ounce cans.
- Rogue American Amber Ale. Ratebeer 90. 5.1% ABV. $9.99/4-pack 16-ounce cans.
- Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale is from Maine, complete with wild Maine blueberries. 4.7% ABV. $8.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Southern Star Pine Belt Pale or Bombshell Blonde. From Conroe, Texas. $8.99/4-pack 16-ounce cans.
- Sierra Nevada Summerfest or Pale Ale. $16.79/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Finch's Threadless IPA or Wet Hot American Wheat. From Chicago. $8.99/4-pack 16-ounce cans.
Filthy Brand Cocktail Garnishes
- Filthy Food presents the only line of truly premium drink garnishes made specifically to be served with alcohol. Filthy provides a delicious, balanced and memorable alternative that complements premium alcohol by not masking the subtle flavors of the cocktail.
- Filthy Pepper. This ravishing red piri piri pepper stuffed queen olive cuts a wicked shape, adding just enough heat. $price/8 ounce.
- Filthy Pimento Olive. Bathed in uniquely blended 'Filthy' brine, which contains top shelf dry Vermouth. $6.99/8 ounce.
- Filthy Bleu Cheese Olive. Full of rich, velvety, premium blue cheese and bathed in uniquely blended 'Filthy' brine. $7.99/8 ounce.
- Filthy Onion. Silver-skinned pearl onions are hand selected for their shape and brilliant silver white color. Bathed in uniquely blended 'Filthy' brine. $6.99/8 ounce.
- Filthy Red Cherry. Long stemmed, maraschino cherries have been seduced by sugar and rich syrup. $6.99/8 ounce.
- Filthy Black Cherry. Beautiful, wild Italian Amarena cherry, slow cooked in copper pots to produce a wonderful all natural, dark red cherry with a sweet front and tart finish. $10.99/8 ounce.
Regatta Ginger Beer
- Regatta Ginger Beer offers a unique and zesty ginger kick to any mixed drink, where ginger ale, club soda, or tonic might be used. This ginger beer delivers strong top notes of ginger with secondary notes of citrus, apple, and banana. The stone ginger beer has a ginger bite without the ginger burn of more peppery Jamaican ginger beers. $6.99/4-pack 12-ounce bottles. $13.99/8-pack 8-ounce cans.
Gosling's Ginger Beer.
- Ginger Beer is about the most popular mixer at the moment. $6.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Dark 'n Stormy combines Gosling's Black Seal Bermuda Rum and Ginger Beer. In a tall glass of ice cubes, first pour 1/2 to 2/3 ginger beer, then top with remainder Gosling's Bermuda Black Rum. Garnish if desired with citrus wedge of choice.
- Kentucky Mule: replace Rum with Bourbon.
- Moscow (or Austin) Mule: replace Rum with Vodka.
Jack Rudy Tonic is Perfect, Not Watered Down.
Jack Rudy Small Batch Tonic is essentially a quinine concentrate. It's designed to pair with your favorite Gin or Vodka, and is then stretched with soda water to make a bright, light, refreshing highball. To a backbone of quinine, culled from the Cinchona Tree, is added a delicate mix of botanicals and real cane sugar; the final product is a complex mixture that introduces a fine bitterness to any cocktail, and a great pairing with the botanicals of the finest Gins in the world. $17.99/17-ounce bottle.
Jack Rudy Cocktail Co. is a family run company based in Charleston, SC and Lexington, KY. "Jack Rudy was many things. He was a pilot who illegally flew his plane under the Ohio River Bridge (on a dare), an inventor who created a mechanical device for pharmacists to count pills, and a craftsman who once built a houseboat out of an old city bus. After serving as an aircraft mechanic in WWII, he spent his working life as an engineer. He read Popular Mechanics and National Geographic cover to cover – a curious type who made his own bullets, and shot them into a dirt wall he constructed in his basement. In addition to being a 'marvelous' dancer, he LOVED to entertain and was known to overindulge in drink, smoke, and his wife's gourmet cooking."
Shrub & Company for the Craft Cocktail Enthusiast.
New at Frugal's, Shrub & Co elixirs add depth and complexity to your drinks with a clever combination of sweet and savory notes. Each elixir is a tantalizing blend of fruit, berries or aromatics, sugar and vinegar. Pairs well with spirits, sparkling wine and seltzer water. Handcrafted, all natural, and cold pressed. Typical drink recipes call for 1/2 ounce elixir. Also great as flavorings for sauces and stir fry dishes. Perfect for Sodastream owners to make their own natural sodas. $19.99/16-ounce bottle.
- Wildflower Honey combines the nectar of local Georgia wildflowers, a slightly floral honey, with the tartness of vinegar. This is the most versatile shrub. It can be used wherever you want a hint of honey's sweetness. Great in bourbon cocktails, or even gin.
- Peach is made from tree-ripened organic peaches from Watsonia Farms (delivered within 24 hours of harvest), pressed into juice that becomes a sweet, slightly tangy elixir. Awesome with Prosecco or your favorite sparkling wine.
- Spicy Ginger is truly complex and layered. The spice of the ginger comes through, its bite enhanced by the vinegar, but balanced perfectly by the cane sugar. Great in gin cocktails, or make a far superior ginger ale with sparkling water. How about a ginger margarita?
- Blood Orange Cardamom is seductive with deeper and richer flavor than other orange varieties, plus a tart bite yet still very sweet. This elixir is made even more bold by infusing the blood orange with intensely aromatic cardamom. Great with Rye whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup and a lemon peel garnish.
- Grapefruit is made from selected organic ruby red grapefruit from California. Combine with Pisco from Peru or Chile, and lime juice for an amazing South American cocktail.
- Check out lots of great recipe ideas at Shrub & Company's web site.
For Great Tasting Cocktails... Don't Squeeze. Use Fee's.
A family business since 1864, Fee Brothers is now owned and operated by Ellen and Joe Fee, the fourth generation. For our growing base of home craft cocktail mixologists, Frugal MacDoogal has added more Fee Brothers bitters to our shelves. Step over to the "beer side" at Frugal's where you'll find these and many other craft cocktail items.
- Select from Lemon, Grapefruit, Celery, Mint, Peach, Rhubarb, Cranberry, Aztec Chocolate and Black Walnut Bitters. Each $6.99/5-ounce bottle.