Frugal's liquor buyers work to get you the best price around. How do we do it? We buy in huge volumes and work on the slimmest of margins. Because we price so low, we cannot offer any further discounts on any liquors or liqueurs, regardless of quantity.
Great Spring Cocktail: The Tipsy Palmer.
- There are numerous versions of the "Arnold Palmer" cocktail, with and without alcohol. The idea is built around the refreshing flavors of lemonade and tea, although this recipe contains no tea.
- Into a glass of ice, add equal parts lemonade, ginger beer and bourbon. Garnish.
- Jefferson's "ridiculously" small batch bourbon has been aged in the heart of metal clad warehouses to accentuate the extreme temperatures that Kentucky is blessed with, forcing the bourbon to expand deep into the barrel and pull out the prevalent flavors of the wood. These flavors of vanilla, caramel and assorted fruits assure an incredibly smooth taste and finish. $24.99/750 ml.
- Gosling's Ginger Beer is non-alcoholic and available on the beer side. This versatile mixer is also great to make a Dark and Stormy, or mixed with vodka. $6.99/6-pack.
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire is crafted with Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 whiskey and naturally infused with a proprietary red hot cinnamon liqueur. (70 proof) $21.99/750 ml.
- Also available: $31.99/Liter. $41.99/1.75 Liter.
- "Pure candy in a glass. Eminently shootable." - Drink Spirits
- Tennessee Fire is only available in Tennessee, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
- Early Times Mint Julep is the Official Drink of the Kentucky Derby. The 2014 bottle features the work of acclaimed artist and Louisville native, Ashley Cecil. Ashley's stunning work is titled "Time For the Roses". (60 proof) $12.99/Liter.
- Woodford Reserve is the Official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby. This year's limited-edition Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle features the artwork of local Louisville artist David O. Schuster. $44.99/Liter.
Ron Burgundy Scotchy Scotch Scotch.
- It's kind of a big deal. Ron Burgundy Great Odin's Raven Special Reserve is crafted and bottled in Scotland from a 60% malt and 40% grain blend by Old St. Andrews Distillery, featuring whiskies from Speyside, Highlands and Islay. "It's right in a sweet spot where it's cheap enough to buy as a gift or to bring to a party, and drinkable enough that no one will think you're a complete jerk afterward." Ron Burgundy Scotch $24.99/750 ml.
New on Display in Liquors.
- Jim Beam has been undervalued by many for years, until the recent bourbon craze revealed its true worth. Aged 4 years for subtle flavors. Rich and smooth. Great mixed, on the rocks or straight up. $19.99/1.75 Liter.
- Four Roses Bourbon Frugal MacDoogal Select Single Barrel $29.99/750 ml.
- Bottled at 100 proof, this barrel was personally selected by Frugal's whiskey experts.
- Seagram's Gin $14.99/1.75 Liter.
- Kentucky Tavern Bourbon $13.99/1.75 Liter.
- Inver House Scotch Whisky $14.99/1.75 Liter.
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum $21.99/1.75 Liter.
- Save additional $3 when you complete mail-in rebate.
Get Inspired with High-gravity Cocktail Specialties.
Explore our expanding selection of bitters, liqueurs, vermouths, and aperitifs, on the liquor side. Then get inspired to take your cocktail recipes to a higher level. We also feature cocktail specialties on the beer side (low-gravity).
- Imbue Bittersweet Vermouth $28.99/750 ml.
- Imbue Petal & Thorn Aperitif $28.99/750 ml.
- Carpano Punt E Mes Vermouth $24.99/750 ml.
- Herbsaint 100 Liqueur $39.99/750 ml.
- Dancing Pines Chai Liqueur $44.99/750 ml.
- Buccia di Limone Limoncello Liqueur $16.99/750 ml.
- Carpano Antica Vermouth $36.99/750 ml.
- Averna Amaro Siciliano $28.99/750 ml.
- Fernet-Branca Liqueur $22.99/750 ml.
- Domaine De Canton French Ginger Liqueur $29.99/750 ml.
- King's Ginger Liqueur $34.99/750 ml.
- Atsby Amberthorn Vermouth $39.99/750 ml.
- Atsby Armadillo Cake Vermouth $39.99/750 ml.
- Campari Liqueur $24.99/750 ml.
- Aperol Aperitivo Liqueur $21.99/750 ml.
- Bittermens $24.99/375 ml.
- Select from: Amere Nouvelle, Citron Sauvage, Amere Sauvage, Commonwealth, New Orleans.
- Bitter End $18.99/2-ounce dropper.
- Select from: Thai, Moroccan, Memphis BBQ, Chesapeake Bay, Curry, Jamaican Jerk.
- Bitter End Variety Pack $24.99/4 pack 1/2-oz droppers.
- Regan's No.6 Orange Bitters $4.99/5-ounce.
- Bitter Truth $17.99/200 ml.
- Select from: Celery, Lemon, Grapefruit, Creole.
- Bittermens $18.99/5-ounce dropper.
- Select from: Hellfire Habanero, Elemakule Tiki, Orchard Street Celery, Xocolatl Mole, Burlesque, Orange Cream, Hopped Grapefruit, Boston.
Corsair: Small Batch Booze for Badasses.
We can't get enough of the unique whiskey and spirits from Nashville's Corsair, named "Craft Distillery and Innovator of the year" (2013) by Whiskey Magazine.
Corsair's spirits have been praised in publications like Food and Wine, Saveur, Imbibe, Whisky Magazine, Whisky Advocate, the Atlantic, Time Out New York, and Maxim.com. Founded by childhood friends Darek Bell and Andrew Webber in a garage, they haven't stopped finding new ways to twist the spirits that be. Here are a few of the many available now at Frugal MacDoogal's.
- Hopmonster is distilled from a beastly distillers' mash that is a cross between the grain bill of a Belgian style tripel and the hops of an american style IPA. This results in big malty flavors with an even bigger burst of hops aroma. Made with Belgian pale ale malt, Belgian yeast, Amarillo hops, Saaz hops, Hersbrucker hops, and Strisselspalt hops. ($49.99/750 ml).
- Pumpkin Spice Moonshine is a white dog whiskey inspired by pumpkin ales. Malted barley and wheat are pot distilled to make a sweet malt whiskey. Next, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and pumpkin are loaded into the pot still's vapor basket. Then the spirit is re-distilled to infuse and marry the flavors. ($32.99/750 ml).
- Red starts with traditional 1800's recipes and herbs to give this absinthe superieure the clean notes of a classic blanche. Then this spirit is tweaked with the unusual, including citrus, tarragon (dragon wormwood, a relative of the grand wormwood used), and red hibiscus for floral tones and color. The result is clean, fresh, floral, tweaked tradition. ($45.99/750 ml).
Jack Daniel's Master Distiller Series.
Only seven men have served as Master Distiller of Jack Daniel's. The limited edition Master Distiller series will commemorate each with highly collectible special bottling and beautiful boxes with photos of these dedicated Tennessee whiskey heroes. No.2 has just been released, and future editions will come out each year. Take note, Frugal MacDoogal Nashville has No.1 in the 1 Liter size, which is extremely limited and generally not available outside Tennessee. Do not delay if you want these on your bar or in your collection. 86 proof (43% ABV).
- Jack Daniel, Master Distiller No.1 ($out of stock/Liter) This special bottling is the first in a series. Jack himself was at the helm from the distillery's beginning in 1866 until 1911. Jack passed away October 10, 1911. The story goes that he contracted a fatal infection after kicking his safe early one morning, when he couldn't get it open, having forgotten the combination. Moral: "Never go to work early." Jack Daniel never married and did not have any children. He left the distillery to his favorite nephew, Lem Motlow.
- Jess Motlow, Master Distiller No.2 ($39.99/Liter.) Jess was the younger brother of new proprietor Lem Motlow, and he learned the distilling process from Jack Daniel. Lem was a "numbers" guy so Jess was a better choice to be at the helm of the whiskey making process. Jess remained as Master Distiller until 1941, when he turned over the responsibility to Lem Tolley. Of course, during his tenure, prohibition in the United States was in place from 1919 to 1933, interrupting his brilliant career.
$21.99/750 ml bottle.
This 86 proof (43% abv) bourbon has a mash bill of rye, malted barley and corn, and is named for horse racing's most successful thoroughbred sire of the late 19th century.
Tasting Panel Magazine Seal of Excellence, rated 95 points. "The gorgeous horse on the label may or may not have influenced my nosing of well-worn saddle leather on the nose, but these wonderful aromas are accompanied by brandied peaches and baked apples with under-pinnings of oranges and marzipan. Decidedly bold on the first sip, the warmth spreads as the velvet hammer opens up to nougats and nectarines. A resiny back leads to a subtle, memorable finish of mocha and coffee bean."
We Sell More Jack Daniel's than any other store in the South.
No single bricks and mortar store in the South sells more Jack Daniel's than Frugal MacDoogal's in Nashville. That's because we know Jack. Come on in and let's talk Jack.
We have a number of seasonal Jack Daniel's bottles and gift sets in stock for a limited time.
Did you know the difference between Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whisky and Bourbon? They are both made from a sour mash of corn and other grains, both distilled in a similar way, but Jack Daniel's is filtered through 10 feet of sugar maple charcoal. The charcoal is specially made from hand selected sugar maple trees and the filtering is a slow proprietary process. The result is a unique and mellower flavor. By law, if it's called bourbon, it cannot be filtered this way, so Jack calls it Tennessee Whisky.
Gentleman Jack Gift Set $26.99 /750 ml. Gift boxed with 2 logo rocks glasses. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel $38.99 /750 ml. Introducing a new style bottle in May, 2009! We go down to Lynchburg several times each year and pick out our own "Single Barrel" that no one else has for sale. Each new barrel has it's own personality. Jack Daniel's 750 ml. gift set with 2 logo rocks glasses $21.99 /750 ml. Even the packaging is classic Jack.