Frugal's liquor buyers work to get you the best price around. How do we do it? We buy in huge volumes and work on the slimmest of margins. Because we price so low, we cannot offer any further discounts on any liquors or liqueurs, regardless of quantity.
Private Selection Barrel Strength Bourbon by Four Roses.
Recently, a limited number of exceptionally smooth and complex barrels from among 10 Bourbon recipes presented themselves to the Master Distiller at Four Roses, who contacted John James, whiskey expert at Frugal MacDoogal's. This is just what we were looking for and a private tasting was held - Frugal's bought a number of barrels, each aged between 8 and 10+ years. Each selection is bottled and private labeled as a non-chill filtered Single Barrel at Barrel Strength in limited quantities of approximately 200-230 bottles. Awesome uncut bourbon for the price $48.99/750 ml.
- Currently on display/pictured: Barrel No. 5-2L, Warehouse No. GE, 57.0% ABV. Barreled on 7/2/2003. Bottled on 4/14/2012. Recipe OESF: 20% rye mashbill/herbal essence.
- Barrel No. 50-4N, Warehouse No. JE, 60.9% ABV.
- Barrel No. 31-2L, Warehouse No. BN, 55.0% ABV.
- Barrel No. 55-1E, Warehouse No. US, 53.3% ABV.
- Rum drinks really hit the spot when it gets hot. There are many rum choices from many countries, light, dark, spiced, aged. They all work well with fruit juices, like pineapple, coconut, mango, orange, lemon, lime, cherry, or anything tropical.
- The classic Daiquiri is light rum, lime juice, and simple (sugar) syrup. Frozen Daiquiris are great, and you can blend in any fruit for color and flavor.
- The classic Pina Colada is light rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and heavy cream, blended with ice. Definitely blend in any fruit for color and flavor.
- The drink pictured above is a sort of variation on the Hurricane, a delicious Tiki cocktail. The cocktail is light rum, dark Bermuda rum, plus a mixture of orange, pineapple, mango, lime, cranberry and cherry juices, served on ice. Garnish with fruit.
- Bacardi Light Rum $19.99/1.75 Liter.
- Gosling's Black Seal Bermuda Rum $15.99/750 ml.
- The BBQ Manhattan Recipe is a cool idea for a whiskey cocktail while the grill is getting going. This cocktail is 2 ounces of super-premium bourbon (Eagle Rare), 1 ounce of Averna Amaro Liqueur, and 1 dash of Bitter End Memphis BBQ Bitters. Stir with ice and strain into a chilled galss and garnish with a cherry.
- Eagle Rare Bourbon $32.99/750 ml.
- Averna Amaro Siciliano $28.99/750 ml.
- Bitter End $18.99/2-ounce dropper. Memphis BBQ, Thai, Moroccan, Chesapeake Bay, Curry, Jamaican Jerk.
Get Malibu Spiced for just 70 calories.
- Malibu Island Spiced combines Malibu's signature blend of Caribbean rum and coconut liqueur with light spices, smoked vanilla, cinnamon and a touch of natural sweetness with Truvia®, zero-calorie sweetener. The result is a full-flavored spiced rum pre-mixed cocktail at only 70 calories per serving. $9.99/1.75 Liter.
Just Chill! Evan Williams Kentucky Slush.
- Evan Williams Kentucky Slush is made with real Evan Williams Bourbon and the natural flavors of Lemonade, Orange Juice, and Sweet Tea, and can be frozen, poured or blended. It is best served frozen in the bottle or any personal container, blended with ice for an instant frozen Bourbon Slush, or simply poured straight on the rocks. 25 proof. (12.5% ABV). $13.99/1.75 Liter.
Frugal MacDoogal Exclusive Bourbon Whiskey.
- Elijah Craig 12-year Frugal MacDoogal Blend is a true one-of-a-kind, a custom blend that we personally selected. This is a big full-flavored whiskey, one of the best 12 year old Bourbons on the market. Great balance of sweetness and spice. This selection will not last. 47% ABV. $32.99/750 ml.
- Four Roses Single Barrel Selection 69-1T is a particularly mellow barrel, an excellent expression of Four Roses. This whiskey is between 8 and 9 years old, barreled on 7/8/05, bottled 4/11/14. Tasting notes: "Complex, full bodied and surprisingly smooth with a delicate long finish that's unbelievably mellow. Contains hints of ripe plum and cherry tastes with fruity, spicy aromas including maple syrup and cocoa." Warehouse TS. Recipe OBSV (One of 10 Four Roses recipes, this one is 35% rye). 50% ABV. $32.99/750 ml.
Pennington's Strawberry Rye and Ginger Beer.
- This uniquely delicious and yet to be named cocktail was debuted at the Predators Wine Festival and Tasting, April 24th.
- Into a glass of ice, add equal parts Pennington's Strawberry Rye and ginger beer. Garnish with a lime slice.
- Pennington's Strawberry Rye is a blend of rye whiskey and natural strawberry flavors. The bouquet is bursting with mouth-watering strawberry giving way to a spicy rye whiskey finish. $18.99/750 ml.
- Gosling's Ginger Beer is non-alcoholic and available on the beer side. This versatile mixer is also great to make a Dark and Stormy, or mixed with vodka. $6.99/6-pack.
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire is crafted with Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 whiskey and naturally infused with a proprietary red hot cinnamon liqueur. (70 proof) $21.99/750 ml.
- Also available: $31.99/Liter. $41.99/1.75 Liter.
- "Pure candy in a glass. Eminently shootable." - Drink Spirits
- Tennessee Fire is only available in Tennessee, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
Ron Burgundy Scotchy Scotch Scotch.
- It's kind of a big deal. Ron Burgundy Great Odin's Raven Special Reserve is crafted and bottled in Scotland from a 60% malt and 40% grain blend by Old St. Andrews Distillery, featuring whiskies from Speyside, Highlands and Islay. "It's right in a sweet spot where it's cheap enough to buy as a gift or to bring to a party, and drinkable enough that no one will think you're a complete jerk afterward." Ron Burgundy Scotch $24.99/750 ml.
Get Inspired with High-gravity Cocktail Specialties.
Explore our expanding selection of bitters, liqueurs, vermouths, and aperitifs, on the liquor side. Then get inspired to take your cocktail recipes to a higher level. We also feature cocktail specialties on the beer side (low-gravity).
- Imbue Bittersweet Vermouth $28.99/750 ml.
- Imbue Petal & Thorn Aperitif $28.99/750 ml.
- Carpano Punt E Mes Vermouth $24.99/750 ml.
- Herbsaint 100 Liqueur $39.99/750 ml.
- Dancing Pines Chai Liqueur $44.99/750 ml.
- Buccia di Limone Limoncello Liqueur $16.99/750 ml.
- Carpano Antica Vermouth $36.99/750 ml.
- Averna Amaro Siciliano $28.99/750 ml.
- Fernet-Branca Liqueur $22.99/750 ml.
- Domaine De Canton French Ginger Liqueur $29.99/750 ml.
- King's Ginger Liqueur $34.99/750 ml.
- Atsby Amberthorn Vermouth $39.99/750 ml.
- Atsby Armadillo Cake Vermouth $39.99/750 ml.
- Campari Liqueur $24.99/750 ml.
- Aperol Aperitivo Liqueur $21.99/750 ml.
- Bittermens $24.99/375 ml.
- Select from: Amere Nouvelle, Citron Sauvage, Amere Sauvage, Commonwealth, New Orleans.
- Bitter End $18.99/2-ounce dropper.
- Select from: Thai, Moroccan, Memphis BBQ, Chesapeake Bay, Curry, Jamaican Jerk.
- Bitter End Variety Pack $24.99/4 pack 1/2-oz droppers.
- Regan's No.6 Orange Bitters $4.99/5-ounce.
- Bitter Truth $17.99/200 ml.
- Select from: Celery, Lemon, Grapefruit, Creole.
- Bittermens $18.99/5-ounce dropper.
- Select from: Hellfire Habanero, Elemakule Tiki, Orchard Street Celery, Xocolatl Mole, Burlesque, Orange Cream, Hopped Grapefruit, Boston.
Jack Daniel's Master Distiller Series.
Only seven men have served as Master Distiller of Jack Daniel's. The limited edition Master Distiller series will commemorate each with highly collectible special bottling and beautiful boxes with photos of these dedicated Tennessee whiskey heroes. No.2 has just been released, and future editions will come out each year. Take note, Frugal MacDoogal Nashville has No.1 in the 1 Liter size, which is extremely limited and generally not available outside Tennessee. Do not delay if you want these on your bar or in your collection. 86 proof (43% ABV).
- Jack Daniel, Master Distiller No.1 ($out of stock/Liter) This special bottling is the first in a series. Jack himself was at the helm from the distillery's beginning in 1866 until 1911. Jack passed away October 10, 1911. The story goes that he contracted a fatal infection after kicking his safe early one morning, when he couldn't get it open, having forgotten the combination. Moral: "Never go to work early." Jack Daniel never married and did not have any children. He left the distillery to his favorite nephew, Lem Motlow.
- Jess Motlow, Master Distiller No.2 ($39.99/Liter.) Jess was the younger brother of new proprietor Lem Motlow, and he learned the distilling process from Jack Daniel. Lem was a "numbers" guy so Jess was a better choice to be at the helm of the whiskey making process. Jess remained as Master Distiller until 1941, when he turned over the responsibility to Lem Tolley. Of course, during his tenure, prohibition in the United States was in place from 1919 to 1933, interrupting his brilliant career.
$21.99/750 ml bottle.
This 86 proof (43% abv) bourbon has a mash bill of rye, malted barley and corn, and is named for horse racing's most successful thoroughbred sire of the late 19th century.
Tasting Panel Magazine Seal of Excellence, rated 95 points. "The gorgeous horse on the label may or may not have influenced my nosing of well-worn saddle leather on the nose, but these wonderful aromas are accompanied by brandied peaches and baked apples with under-pinnings of oranges and marzipan. Decidedly bold on the first sip, the warmth spreads as the velvet hammer opens up to nougats and nectarines. A resiny back leads to a subtle, memorable finish of mocha and coffee bean."
We Sell More Jack Daniel's than any other store in the South.
No single bricks and mortar store in the South sells more Jack Daniel's than Frugal MacDoogal's in Nashville. That's because we know Jack. Come on in and let's talk Jack.
We have a number of seasonal Jack Daniel's bottles and gift sets in stock for a limited time.
Did you know the difference between Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whisky and Bourbon? They are both made from a sour mash of corn and other grains, both distilled in a similar way, but Jack Daniel's is filtered through 10 feet of sugar maple charcoal. The charcoal is specially made from hand selected sugar maple trees and the filtering is a slow proprietary process. The result is a unique and mellower flavor. By law, if it's called bourbon, it cannot be filtered this way, so Jack calls it Tennessee Whisky.
Gentleman Jack Gift Set $26.99 /750 ml. Gift boxed with 2 logo rocks glasses. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel $38.99 /750 ml. Introducing a new style bottle in May, 2009! We go down to Lynchburg several times each year and pick out our own "Single Barrel" that no one else has for sale. Each new barrel has it's own personality. Jack Daniel's 750 ml. gift set with 2 logo rocks glasses $21.99 /750 ml. Even the packaging is classic Jack.