Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
Bogle Family Wine Sale. 8.99-9.99.
- Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. Deeply extracted cherry and bright cassis arrest the senses, holding captive on both the nose and the palate. Swiftly followed by red currant jam and black pepper, the supple mouthfeel fills out this full-bodied wine. Toasty vanilla from the American oak heightens the dense fruit, and the wine finishes with stellar tannins softened by just a hint of grandpa’s old cherry pipe tobacco. 13.5% ABV. 9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Chardonnay 2013. Chardonnay grapes grown in Clarksburg are known for their characteristic apple and pear aromas and flavors. Bogle winemakers have captured these refreshing and ripe notes while allowing them to develop and intensify through stainless steel fermentation. Additional grapes are vinted using the techniques of barrel fermentation, sur-lies aging and partial malolactic fermentation, which creates an elegant counterpart to the fresh fruit with tones of spicy vanilla and nutmeg. The creamy mouthfeel adds just the final touch on the finish, reminiscent of an apple and pear galette. 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Essential Red 2012 is a compelling blend of California’s finest plantings of Old Vine Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah. Rich, fruit-forward and approachable, this wine displays flavors of boysenberries and sweet cherries. Luscious vanilla caresses the palate from barrel aging in American and French oak. It has a finish that lingers of black licorice and spicy pipe tobacco. 13.5% ABV. 9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel 2012. Head-trained, dry farmed vines are prized for their production of small, concentrated clusters of grapes that produce incredibly rich and intense wines. This is a wine lively with red cranberries and pink peppercorns. Hints of a hillside briar patch in summer waft through the wine as well, while spicy clove heightens at the finish from the oak aging. Sourced from 60 to 80-year old vines in Lodi and Amador. 14.5% ABV. 9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Petite Sirah 2012 is big, dark and luscious. Petite Sirah is always rich and concentrated, but the 2012 takes it to a new level. Inky and muscular, the fruits of intense blueberry and dark Marion berry hold court in the glass. Leaving little room for much else, the full bodied mouthfeel envelopes the senses, leaving a powerful impression. The wine finishes with brawny tannins, softened only just slightly by notes of freshly baked blueberry pie: warm fruit compote, vanilla, nutmeg. 13.5% ABV. 9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Sauvignon Blanc 2013 takes its cues from winemaking methods used in the classic New Zealand-style. Freshly mowed grass and green citrus notes permeate the aromas of this wine, while lemongrass, asparagus, and a touch of white pepper enliven the palate. This full entry leads to a crisp finish, filled with zest of lime and zingy acidity. This wine finishes bright and satisfying. Sourced from Monterey and Russian River Valley. 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Merlot 2012 is a sensory overload of ripe fruits and savory garden herbs that overwhelms the nose. Summer plums and sweet cherries create a full entry and even bigger mouthfeel than lingers and languishes with the toasty vanilla from the American oak barrels. Remaining silky and smooth in texture, the wine finishes with sturdy tannins that wrap up this gift from 2012 perfectly. Sourced from Clarksburg, Lodi and Monterey. 13.5% ABV. 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
Jacob's Creek Australian Magnum Sale 12.99.
- Jacob's Creek wines from Australia are excellent values, providing fruit-forward classic varietal wines for the price. Now an even better value at this Magnum size low price, just 12.99 each.
- Jacob's Creek Cabernet Sauvignon 2011. 12.99/1.5 Liters.
- Jacob's Creek Chardonnay 2013. 12.99/1.5 Liters.
- Jacob's Creek Merlot 2013. 12.99/1.5 Liters.
- Jacob's Creek Shiraz 2012. 12.99/1.5 Liters.
Jack's 2015 ZAP Pick.
- Zin-Phomaniac Reserve Sonoma Zinfandel 2012 exudes aromas of tobacco, cola, plum and clove. Wild raspberry, plum, cherry and molasses flavors are complemented by white pepper, anise and clove flavors on the spicy lingering finish. Grapes were sourced from Russian River, Sonoma, Dry Creek and Alexander Valley vineyards, 20 to 75-year old vines. 14.6% ABV. Only 1,203 cases made. 18.99/750 ml.
- ZAP, or Zinfandel Advocates and Producers, recently held it's annual Zinfandel Experience in San Francisco, January 31st. Our own wine guy Jack was there again this year, tasting through selections provided by well over 100 Zinfandel producers. This Reserve Zinfandel from Zin-Phomaniac really stood out as particularly worthy, and now available here.
- Zin-Phomaniac Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 is the non-reserve bottling, and has already become a customer favorite. With tempting aromas of dark cherry, blackberry and spice, this is a complex, full-bodied wine with juicy, approachable flavors of ripe blue-purple fruit and dark semi-sweet chocolate. A kiss of vanilla and a touch of brown baking spice add depth to the long, satisfying mouth feel. Sourced from Lodi, 20 to 75-year old vines. 14.9% ABV. 12.99/750 ml.
- Kris Pinot Grigio 2013 has enticing aromas of acacia flowers, citrus, tangerine, and hints of apricots and almonds. Kris is lean and refreshing on the palate with hints of blossom and honey. 10.99/750 ml.
- Cupcake Chardonnay 2013 is a big, rich wine from California's Central Coast. This Chardonnay has decadent levels of butter, cream, bright citrus and vanilla. 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Menages a Trois Red 2012 exposes the fresh, ripe, jam like fruit that is the calling card of California wine. Forward, silky and soft, the delicious dalliance of our red wine blend makes the perfect accompaniment for grilled meats or chicken. A blend of Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. 13.8% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- The Seven Deadly Zins Lodi Zinfandel 2012 shows explosive, concentrated fruit in the mouth, with plenty of acidity to balance the ripeness. Spice and black berry compote on the finish. Crushed berry, soft oak and cigar box notes create a fragrant appeal that leaves you wanting more. 15% ABV. 15.99/750 ml.
- Federalist Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 is a revolutionary wine created to honor the man many call the first American, Benjamin Franklin. Aromas of blackberries, blueberries and cinnamon spice follow through in a lush full-bodied wine with a long smooth finish. 14.9% ABV. 15.99/750 ml.
- Federalist Lodi Zinfandel 2013 salutes the first President of the United States, George Washington. Aromas of red fruits (plum, cherry) and cinnamon spice carry through this wine which has good density, supple tannins, bright acidity and a long, smooth finish. 14.9% ABV. 15.99/750 ml.
- Charles & Charles Washington Cabernet Syrah 2013 is "tightly focused and precisely defined, with dark berry, chocolate and rose petal flavors on a supple frame, lingering easily on the polished finish." - Wine Spectator 90 points. 68% Cab, 32% Syrah. 13.9 ABV. 12.99/750 ml.
- Underwood Oregon Pinot Noir 2013 draws from vineyards across Oregon. Each site adds its unique mark to the final blend, which highlights the rich juicy flavors of Oregon Pinot at an extraordinary price. Tasting Notes: Cherry, blackberry and cola. Wine Enthusiast says "Underwood is fast-becoming one of Oregon's best values in Pinot Noir." 13 ABV. 13.99/750 ml.
- Fetzer California Chardonnay 2013 delivers crisp ripe flavors of apple, pear and tropical fruit that create a classic Chardonnay. A perfect complement to fish, chicken and pork. 4.99/750 ml.
- Bel Arbor Bella Red 2011 displays a robust mingling of cherry, blueberry and plum. It loves whatever you're eating but can happily stand on its own. 4.99/750 ml.