Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
Happy Holiday Wines.
- Rutherford Hill Merlot is an elegantly refined blend of classic Bordeaux varietals that create a beautiful bouquet of rich aromas and prolonged flavors. Lavish cherry fruit flavors are backed by a rich, balanced structure for an intensely complex Merlot. The grapes for this wine were sustainably farmed in Napa Valley. This super buy is perfect for the holiday table, gift giving, or stocking up for 2015. 17.99/750 ml. Reg. 25.99
- Head High Pinot Noir 2012 is a superstar pedigree, everyday Pinot by Winemaker Don Van Staaveren. Sourced from renowned vineyards in the Petaluma Gap, including the famed Gap's Crown vineyard, which is also used by Sojourn, Patz & Hall, Kosta Browne and MacPhail. The wine displays "a complex bouquet of black cherries, Asian spices, raspberry and vanilla. The well-defined flavors show superb focus, with incredible mouth-filling red fruits, dark plum and bramble berry. Notes of sweet oak, spices and black cherry vanilla are perfectly balanced and set the stage for the very long, luxurious finish." Very limited and amazing for this price. $21.99/750 ml.
- Penfolds Bin 8 Cabernet Shiraz 2012 received 90 points by Parker, 92 points by Suckling and 90 points by Tanzer. This wine is composed of 57% Cabernet Sauvignon 43% Shiraz sourced from some of Penfolds' top vineyards across Barossa Valley, Wrattonbully, McLaren Vale, Padthaway and Langhorne Creek. It is designed to be rich, powerful, lush and accessible on release. "Pure blackcurrant and blackberry notes come through along with some baking spices in the background. Medium-bodied with classic flavors, it is quite expressive in the mouth, with low to medium levels of grainy tannins carrying it through the long finish." $18.99/750 ml.
- BV Coastal Pinot Noir 2013 is quite aromatic, showcasing black cherry, anise, and dried herb aromas reflecting its cool-climate origins and outstanding fruit maturity. On the palate, it is already quite rich in fruit, with medium body, a round velvety texture meshed with balanced acidity and lots of spicy-cherry, cocoa and minerally flavors. 13.5% ABV. $9.99/750 ml.
- Belcreme De Lys Chardonnay 2013 is a bright Chardonnay with fragrant scents of spicy oak and tropical fruit. On the palate this creamy wine showcases juicy flavors of ripe pear and pineapple. $9.99/750 ml.
- Plungerhead Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 is dark ruby in color with aromas of blackberry, plum, spearmint, roasted red pepper, and fire toasted oak. Flavors of black currant, sweetened dried cranberry, dark chocolate, and black raspberry jump from your mouth finishing with notes of vanilla, espresso, dried cherry, caramel, and hints of mint. Try this Cab with slow roasted Tri Tip with a baked potato topped with sour cream, bacon bits, and green onion or a pizza topped with shredded short ribs, caramelized onions, and gorgonzola cheese. This Cab would also go great with a plate of pulled pork, red wine vinegar slaw, brown sugar baked beans, and cornbread. $12.99/750 ml.
- Plungerhead Zinfandel 2012 displays notes of blackberry fruit, spice cake, fresh tobacco, white pepper, and fresh strawberry. In the mouth, you experience flavors of dried cranberry, blackberry, blackstrap molasses, brambly Zin fruit, toasted walnut, and hints of mocha laced cappuccino. This blend finishes with notes of dark chocolate, dried cherry, vanilla from American Oak, and deep toasted hazelnut from French Oak. Try with Asian style short ribs and your favorite Hawaiian style sides. Another good option would be homemade lasagna made with spicy sausage and caramelized onions. 14.5% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Bread & Butter Chardonnay 2012 displays aromas of fresh butter, vanilla oak, and citrus fruit like an orange Creamsicle, with a floral, jasmine hint. The aromas introduced in the nose continue on the palate. Buttered popcorn and vanilla oak characters mingle with flavors of honeydew melon, lemon peel, papaya, jasmine, honeysuckle, banana, and lychee. $13.99/750 ml.
- Bread & Butter Pinot Noir 2013 displays aromas of cherry cola, vanilla tapioca, jasmine tea, with hints of roses, anise and eucalyptus. Balance and integration continues in the mouth. Black cherry, orange peel, rhubarb, and a floral tea mingle with hints of caramel, mint, white pepper, on a background of toast. This wine is light, bright, and elegant the way Pinot Noir should be. $13.99/750 ml.
- The wines of the Coppola Diamond Collection are made from grapes grown in vineyards across California, from coastal regions to inland valleys. By carefully combining fruit selections with precise winemaking techniques, the result is pure expressions of each varietal at a great price.
- Monterey Chardonnay 2013 $10.99/750 ml.
- Merlot 2012 $12.99/750 ml.
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 $13.99/750 ml.
- Claret 2012 $14.99/750 ml.
- Coppola Director's Cut Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 is endowed with gorgeous impressions of boysenberries, cherries, anise and toasted oak. Ripe, juicy fruit flavors build upon a luscious texture with supple tannins. Enjoy this wine with a bison burger, pesto tortellini, or a grilled roast beef melt. $16.99/750 ml.
- Coppola Director's Cut Sonoma Pinot Noir 2012 reflects the beauty of the vintage with an alluring fragrance of raspberries, cherries, and rose petals. Silky upon entry, the wine broadens on the palate, growing richer and more flavorful with sweet juicy flavors of strawberries, cherries, and cloves, as well as notes of tea leaves and candied orange peel. Toasted oak rounds out the spice character and helps sustain its elegant structure. Enjoy with grilled salmon, spice rubbed pork chops, or mushroom risotto. $16.99/750 ml.
- Louis Martini Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 is a blend of the unique characteristics from several vineyards, creating a superbly balanced Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine has ripe flavors of black plum jam and black currant, a reflection of the warmer vintage. Hints of oak and a touch of baking spice support the fruit. 13.9% ABV. $11.99/750 ml.
- Mezza Corona Pinot Grigio Magnum Size is a delightful Italian Pinot Grigio to be enjoyed for its aromatic crisp green apple, mineral and honeysuckle notes. 12.5% ABV. $13.99/1.5 Liter.
- Ravenswood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 displays luscious aromas of plum, black cherry, and black currant with flavors of blueberry, blackberry, cocoa, and spice. A lingering, juicy, supple finish is complemented by acidity so balanced it could walk a tightrope. 14.5% ABV. $11.99/750 ml.
- Rodney Strong Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 is a powerful Cabernet from the hillsides of Alexander Valley: Lush, dark berries and ripe plums dominate the glass, while hints of cassis and cocoa play in the background. The firm, mature tannins give this wine a strong backbone, while the 17 months of barrel aging have softened this bold wine just enough to enjoy now. $18.99/750 ml.
- Rodney Strong Chalk Hill Chardonnay 2012 is both creamy and crisp, with abundant fruit character, mineral, and toasty oak flavors. This estate produced wine comes from vineyards first planted by Rodney Strong in 1965. $15.99/750 ml.
- Rodney Strong Russian River Pinot Noir 2012 is soft and silky, with intriguing rose petal and crushed pomegranate aromas. This medium bodied wine was aged for 10 months in small French oak barrels, which added a hint of toasty vanilla and spice complexity. $18.99/750 ml.
- Cosentino wines are sourced from Lodi and our price is amazing for the quality. For a perfectly different red wine for the holiday table, give the Cab Franc a try. $11.99/750 ml. Save $4.
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 is bright crimson color, with sage and currants in the nose. Medium bodied, it features youthful red fruits such as cherry and pomegranate in the mouth which are accented by sweet spice notes that are unveiled in the finish. This is a very versatile and food friendly Cabernet.
- Cabernet Franc 2013 displays sweet and spicy notes of fresh herbs and clove, layered over youthful fruit aromatics. Intense flavors of tart, dark fruit pair with hints of black pepper on the palate. This medium-to-full bodied wine has great structure and a long finish.
- Zinfandel 2013 has a prominent nose of clove, caraway and raspberry jam are followed with lively flavors of stewed cranberry and sweet cedar. Firm tannins meld into soft acidity; a wonderfully-balanced Zinfandel.
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Chardonnay 2013 is a fresh, soft style of Chardonnay with bright apple and sweet citrus fruit character with subtle spice and oak nuances. Chardonnay grapes from vineyards throughout Washingtons Columbia Valley are blended to make this a complex, interesting wine. The sur lie aging gives it an appealing softness. 13.5% ABV. $9.99/750 ml. Save $2.
- Rebate: Currently Chateau Ste. Michelle has a mail-in rebate offer, $4 rebate when you buy 2 bottles and follow the instructions on the rebate form, available on the display.
- Columbia Crest Horse Heaven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 opens with flavors of black cherries and blackberries with a touch of currants and vanilla, complemented by earth and mineral notes. Deep berry flavors lead to a soft tannin cocoa finish. 92 points Wine Spectator. 14% ABV. $13.99/750 ml.
- Loosen Brothers Villa Wolf Gewurztraminer 2013 is clean, fruity and wonderfully light on its feet. It shows of f the aromatic charm of the variety without becoming heavy or ponderous. It has a deliciously juicy texture and a delightfully delicate aroma of spice and fresh roses. It is very refreshing to drink on its own and makes a perfect accompaniment to spicy Asian cuisine. $12.99/750 ml.
- Fetzer Shaly Loam Gewurztraminer 2012 is sustainably farmed and solar powered. Clean aromas of tangerine, mango and orange spice join with pineapple, baked pears and hints of cinnamon. Flavors of clove, orange and caramelized apples come to the fore. $8.99/750 ml.
- Tranzind Lodi Old Vine Red 2012 is from Klinker Brick Winery, and is the best under-$20 red blend we've tasted recently. Tranzind is a red wine blend comprised of 75% Old Vine Zinfandel, 10% Petite Sirah, 10% Syrah and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Dark fruit aromas coupled with exotic spice, tobacco and chocolate, yield to rich fruit flavors on the palate with medium body and a firm structure. 14.5% ABV. $13.99/750 ml.
- Hay Maker Sauvignon Blanc 2013 is a second label wine from New Zealand's Mud House Winery, and this vintage is excellent as 2013 was a great year throughout New Zealand's Marlborough region. Pure aromas of passion fruit, snow pea and fresh citrus lead to concentrated flavors that fill the front palate while juicy acidity provides freshness and length. $8.99/750 ml.
- Bonny Doon Contra Red Blend 2011 is a charming and refreshing red, offering tiers of juicy berry, plum and raspberry flavors. It maintains a core of fruitiness and ends with a cleansing aftertaste. A blend of 56% Carignane, 28% Mourvedre, 9% Grenache, 6% Syrah and 1% Zinfandel. 13.5% ABV. Only 2256 cases produced. Wine Spectator Daily Wine Pick. $15.99/750 ml.
- Bonny Doon Proper Claret 2012 is lean, neither overly alcoholic (weighing in at 13%), nor overly extracted; it is precisely as one would imagine A Proper Claret to be. The wine contains a substantial dollop of Petit Verdot (22%), which adds a silky note of violets and textural elegance, in precision counterpoint to the lead-in-the-pencil firmness offered by the inclusion of the manly Tannat (8%). There is a lovely suggestion of cedar and mint, in the nose. The wine has medium tannins, nice acidity, and finishes cleanly. 7000 cases produced. $14.99/750 ml.
- La Domeliere Rasteau 2012 is a full-bodied red from near Chateauneuf du Pape, delivering amazing value for the price. Dark cherry notes with plum, boysenberry and grilled herbs on the nose. Big mouth presence and hugely flavorful and lively with pepper and herbal accents. $14.99/750 ml.
- Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc 2013 delivers "flavors of pear, green apple and lemon zest are intense, focused and smooth, with a hint of lime. Culminates in a crisp finish." - Wine Spectator, 89 points. 2013 was a perfect vintage for New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. 12% ABV.$10.99/750 ml.
- The White Doe California White Blend 2013 is a light and refreshing blend of 80% Chenin Blanc and 20% Viognier. Together they create a harmonious marriage of flavors and textures, with Chenin delivering juicy flavors of white grapes, honeydew melon and bright, fresh citrus character, then layered upon Viognier's classic white peach flavors, exquisite floral notes and its nuance of tropical fruit. There is silkiness and weight on the palate from the Viognier, but the finish is light and crisp from this beautiful selection of Chenin Blanc. Fermenting and finishing in stainless steel allowed the purity of the fruit to shine through. 12.6% ABV. $11.99/750 ml.
- Predator Zinfandel 2013 is an intense, full-bodied wine with red fruit, blackberry and spice, and lingering tannins over a long, smoky finish. $13.99/750 ml.
- Le Dome Du Grand Bois Cotes Du Rhone 2013 offers up jammy raspberry and black cherry fruit aromas that are supported by crisp mineral, earth and smoky notes. Medium bodied, this has nice purity, a silky, light texture, nice acidity and a clean, medium length finish. $12.99/750 ml.
- Talbott Kali Hart Estate Chardonnay 2012 is lush and lively. The rich, inviting nose shows bright tropical notes that continue on the palate, where refreshing flavors of pineapple and honeydew are complemented by refreshing acidity. A generous mid-palate leads to a long citrus and tropical fruit finish with hints of French oak and minerality. $16.99/750 ml.
- Valle Perdido Pinot Noir 2010 has an expressive and fruity nose with aromas of cherry, raspberry, and red currants. As you would expect from a cool climate Pinot Noir the palate is light and delicate with the red fruit developing wonderfully. From Patagonia, Argentina. $9.99/750 ml.
- Chateau Tanunda Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 is drinking beautifully now but will continue to improve with cellaring. 90 points Wine Spectator. Lifted aromas of blackcurrant, blackberry and vanilla are accompanied by vibrant, dark berry fruits on the palate. The finish is long with fine-grained tannins from sixteen months maturation in a combination of new and older French oak. 14.5% ABV. $18.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Phantom is something of a cult blend, usually appearing for a short time each year. The 2011 vintage is highly recommended. Provocative dark fruits envelop the nose and palate. Black cherry and anise abound, leading to a sturdy finish of black pepper, pipe tobacco and spicy oak. Aging for over two years in 1 and 2 year old American oak focus and intensify the Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and Mourvedre, creating yet a passionate and commanding red wine. $18.99/750 ml.
- Debauchery Carmenere 2010 has warm aromas of spice, oak and woodland fruits. Its subtle decadence is finished with a pleasant kiss of vanilla and cream, soaking the mouth with a feel that is fresh, silky smooth, rich in fruit and blended with hues of fresh tobacco. This flexible wine goes well with poultry, pasta, creamy cheeses, and even fish! 13.5% ABV. From Maipo Valley, Chile. $9.99/750 ml.
- Debauchery Chardonnay 2010 has aromas of pineapple, mango, passion fruit and tropical fruit with certain floral and citrus notes. A classic pale yellow color with a touch of olive green, this wine is brilliant and luminous. A feel of balance and good body in the mouth, with plenty of fruity notes. It has tremendous fresh fruit flavors, slight sweetness and great acidity. Ideal in accompaniment of rich, oily fish such as smoked salmon or swordfish, it also compliments white poultry meat nicely. From Casablanca Valley, Chile. 14% ABV. $9.99/750 ml.
- Debauchery Pinot Noir 2011 is the newest in the line, sourced from Casablanca Valley, Chile. 13.5% ABV. $9.99/750 ml.
- Braveheart California Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 is a new and big hearty California Cabernet Sauvignon, from The Wine Group who also produces Cupcake Wines. This wine has taken medals in the San Francisco International Wine Competition and Critics Challenge, scoring 90 points. $12.99/750 ml.
- Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 is big and bold in style. The deep, inky color alludes to its rich dark fruit layers. Notes of espresso, toasted oak and chocolate give the sturdy mid-palate an edgy undertone. A plush, velvety mouthfeel creates a refined smoothness that leads the way to a long, silky finish. $10.99/750 ml.
- Jacob-Heims Ürziger Würzgarten Spätlese 2010 is a captivating late harvest Riesling from one of Germany's premier vineyard sites. Urzig's legendary Wurzgarten (Spice Garden) vineyard is a south to south-west-facing sweep of hillside between the Erden and Urzig townships. Its blazing red color is due to the high iron oxide content of the slate soil. This unique terroir makes this wine a delight, imparting exotic, spicy aromas and a mesmerizing earthiness to the tropical fruit, pear and citrus flavors that burst forth. 9% ABV. $17.99/750 ml.
- Jacob-Heims Old Vines Kabinett 2012 is light and delicate with floral nuances in the nose followed by clean and crisp mouth full of peaches and pears with honey. This German Riesling was picked early in the harvest capturing its youthfulness. $15.99/750 ml.
- Chandon Blanc De Noirs Limited Edition is back for a third sparkling season. Inspired by hot summers spent near cool waters, it is filled with fruit-forward and refreshing Chandon Blanc de Noirs. This Blanc de Noirs is marked by cherry, currant and strawberry aromas and flavors. These red fruit flavors build in the mid-palate and finish with a soft, lingering creamy texture. The versatility of Blanc de Noirs makes it easy to pair with everything from spicy enchiladas and grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce to sushi and shrimp salad. $15.99/750 ml.
- Bradgate Sauvignon Blanc Chenin Blanc 2010 is made by Gary and Kathy Jordan from grapes grown in the Stellenbosch region of South Africa. The blend is 77% Sauvignon Blanc and 23% Chenin Blanc. The ripe, green fig intensity of Sauvignon Blanc complements the tropical pear flavors of Chenin Blanc. 13.5% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
Beaujolais Nouveau Arrival Under $10.
- Beaujolais officially arrived Thursday Nov. 20th. Celebrate with Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2014. $9.99/750 ml.
Cartlidge & Browne Holiday Sale and Mail-In Rebate.
- Cartlidge & Browne sources vineyards across the North Coast AVA. Sourcing from this region gives the flexibility to select only the best lots of Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay from Napa and Sonoma Counties. A great value under $10. But now, pick up a mail-in rebate form on display and you could receive up to $24 back when you purchase 9 bottles. ($18 on 6 bottles, $7 on 3, or $2 on 1 bottle.) $9.99/750 ml.
- North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 starts out with rich and delicious red fruits on the nose that flow into to ripe blackberry, watermelon, candied plum and creme brulee. The soft, yet fine, tannins have notes of coffee, rose petals and wet slate.
- North Coast Chardonnay 2012 is French in style with an elegant minerality and complexity combined with the slightest caramel and brown sugar notes. Aromas of a green apples medley and more floral honeysuckle lead to a palate that is both silky and alive. Welcome flavors of honey and baked bread from sur lees aging while maintaining a delicious fruit profile and Meyer lemon cake.
- North Coast Pinot Noir 2013 displays cherry, strawberry and rhubarb notes that define the aromatics of this wine and are backed by hints of cinnamon and oregano. Bright flavors of cherry, raspberry and ripe tomato are balanced by a layer of earthy mushroom. Smooth and silky!. Particularly splendid with salmon.
- North Coast Sauvignon Blanc 2012 is herbaceous and refreshing. Lemongrass and citrusy green apple greets you upon uncorking this lovely wine. Slight mineral tastes and white peach tease your palate and leave you with a smooth, light finish. Delicate in and out of the bottle, but enough structure to let you know it means business.
- North Coast Zinfandel 2011 is approachable and fruit-forward; a sure crowd pleaser. The wine was aged in a 50% split of French and American oak for a year, with about 30% of that new. This allows the Zin to practically burst with aromas of ripe black cherry, a little blueberry, and brown sugar. Rich berry and soft chocolate linger long on the palate, mingling with soft tannins and spice. 85% Zinfandel, 10% Carignane, 5% Petite Sirah. 13.5% ABV.
J. Lohr: Estate-Grown, Family-Made, Sustainable Wines at a great price.
- J. Lohr Riverstone Monterey Chardonnay 2013 displays aromas of ripe comice pear, melon, meyer lemon and brioche coalesce with notes of roasted hazelnut, flint, spice and toasty oak. Flavors of pom fruits, mineral and sabayon end with a lingering toasty oak finish. Barrel fermentation with sur-lie aging adds layers of creamy palate weight, depth and aromatic complexity. 13.9% ABV. $11.99/750 ml.
- J. Lohr Seven Oaks Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 displays fruit aromas of black cherry, plum and blueberry accented with a barrel bouquet of toasted pastry, dark caramel and vanilla. Sturdy tannins strike the palate and finish with the high-toned fruit signature typical of the Paso Robles appellation. 13.8% ABV. $14.99/750 ml.
Miranda Lambert's Platinum Chardonnay from Texas.
- Miranda Lambert Platinum Texas Chardonnay has just swept into the store on the heels of the exodus of CMA Festival fans. This wine is produced for Miranda by Red 55 Winery, just north of Tyler. If you haven't tried Texas wine, give this one a shot. Too fresh to be rated, but you got to have this Chardonnay! $19.99/750 ml.