Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
South African Quality/Price Standouts.
- Cederberg Shiraz 2009 displays aromas of earth, black plums, and currants. Flavors of scorched earth, olives, wild blackberries and touches of smoke tempt the palate. This elegant and harmonious wine has subtle tannins and an understated acidity while still maintaining balanced structure. Medium-plus in body, the finish brings more black fruit wrapped around mocha flavors. The grapes for this wine come from sustainably-farmed vineyards. $16.99/750 ml.
- Cederberg Bukettraube 2013 is an explosion of aroma and flavor, not to mention an endangered species. It has prominent muscat flavors with apricot and floral notes on the nose. A well balanced wine with a delicate sweetness and a crisp acidity. 12.7% ABV. Bukettraube is a rare cultivar with less than 200 acres remaining in the world. $13.99/750 ml.
- Cederberg Chenin Blanc 2013 offers beautiful layers of melon, grapefruit and fleshy white pear. Five months lees contact ensured a mouth coating creaminess on the palate with a lively crisp acidity to finish off. Altitude vineyards make this Chenin Blanc truly unique. 12.8% ABV. $13.99/750 ml.
- Fairvalley Chenin Blanc 2013 offers tropical aromas of pineapple and peach with a refreshing acidity. It's well-rounded on the palate with a hint of spice on the finish. Enjoy with seared tune or spicy Asian cuisine or right by itself. 13.5% ABV. $8.99/750 ml.
- Fairvalley Pinotage 2012 asserts itself with smoky notes and intense dark fruit aromas, framed by oak spice. The palate is medium bodied, and shows typical aromas of dark coffee and vanilla. There are well balanced tannins and lingering flavors of spice vanilla on the finish. 14% ABV. If you aren't familiar with Pinotage, it's a red wine grape that is South Africa's signature variety. It was bred there in 1925 as a cross between Pinot noir and Cinsaut, resulting in smoky, earthy, fruity aromas and flavors. Pinotage is delicious with barbecue. $8.99/750 ml.
Bogle Family Wine Sale.
- Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 . $9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Chardonnay 2012 . $8.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Essential Red 2012 . $9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 . $9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Petite Sirah 2012 . $9.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Sauvignon Blanc 2013 . $8.99/750 ml.
Leese-Fitch Sale Under $10.
- Leese-Fitch California Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 starts off with aromas of blackberry cobbler, cassis, sandalwood, and herbs du provence. The flavors burst from the glass with notes of dark cherry, sweet leather, black currants, and toasted cardamom finishing with a hint of spearmint, dried fig, and toasty vanilla notes from a combo of French and American oak. A skillful blend of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petit Verdot plus four other varietals, from Lodi, Paso Robles and three other regions. $9.99/750 ml.
- Leese-Fitch California Chardonnay 2013 is medium-bodied, intensely golden in color, and exudes aromas of tangerine, citrus, pineapple and green apple. The flavors are in sync and crisp with the notable presence of both orange and peach. The finish on this Chardonnay is exceptionally smooth and balanced, which makes it a wine that is easy to enjoy. $9.99/750 ml.
Treat Yourself to Cupcakes $8.99.
- Cupcake California Red Velvet 2012 delivers over-the-top aromas of chocolate, deep dark blackberries and luscious red fruits that follow through to the palate. Finish with a hint of coconut and creamy mocha that shows unmistakable intensity and length. Red Velvet combines Zinfandel, Merlot, and Petite Sirah. 13.5% ABV. $8.99/750 ml.
- Cupcake Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2013 exhibits complexity and a vibrant zing. Flavors of Meyer lemons and Key limes integrate with hints of grapefruit, gooseberry and citrus, culminating in a long, creamy finish. 13% ABV. $8.99/750 ml.
Zin-phomania, Under $13.
- Zin-Phomaniac Lodi Zinfandel 2012 displays tempting aromas of dark cherry, blackberry and spice. On the tongue this is a complex, full-bodied wine with juicy, approachable flavors of ripe blue-purple fruit and dark semi-sweet chocolate. A kiss of vanilla and a touch of brown baking spice add depth to the long, satisfying mouthfeel. 14.9% ABV. Crafted by Winemaker Carolyn Craig, the wine was sourced from some of the Lodi's renowned old vines ranging from 20 to 75 years old. $12.99/750 ml. Save $5!
Nashville's Best Wine Buys.
- Rex Goliath Magnum 1.5 Liter size varieties. Amazing low price, very limited time. Select from Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, or Pinot Grigio. $7.99/1.5 Liter.
- Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay 2013 displays aromas of ripe tropical fruits -pineapple and ripe melon - with hints of butterscotch. On the tongue, this is an approachable and full-bodied Chardonnay that shows great length and persistence. Ripe stone fruit, butterscotch, and citrus characters show through well, in a style uncluttered by oak. $12.99/750 ml.
- St. Francis Red Splash 2009 is smooth and luscious, not to mention really affordable for the quality. This is a wine with style and pedigree, delivering ripe black cherry, currant, baking spices and vanilla bean, all from Sonoma for under $10. $9.99/750 ml.
- St. Francis Chardonnay 2012 offers plenty of fruit and character. Aromas and flavors of pineapples, pears and honeyed citrus emerge from this naked, fresh, medium-bodied, attractive Chardonnay. Robert Parker 87 points. $13.99/750 ml.
- Chandon Blanc De Noirs Limited Edition is back for a third sparkling season. Inspired by hot summers spent near cool waters, it is filled with fruit-forward and refreshing Chandon Blanc de Noirs. This Blanc de Noirs is marked by cherry, currant and strawberry aromas and flavors. These red fruit flavors build in the mid-palate and finish with a soft, lingering creamy texture. The versatility of Blanc de Noirs makes it easy to pair with everything from spicy enchiladas and grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce to sushi and shrimp salad. $15.99/750 ml.
- Elk Cove Vineyards Willamette Pinot Gris 2013 displays tangerine and pineapple on the nose, this wine gives a punch of fresh peach, ripe pear and a hint of anise on the palate. With a mouth-coating viscosity and a lush lingering finish, this is a serious white wine. 91 Points, Editor's Choice in Wine Enthusiast. Top Pinot Gris in Wine Press Northwest blind tasting. Elk Cove Vineyards was founded in 1974 by Pat and Joe Campbell. Winemaker Adam Campbell joined forces with his parents in 1995 and Elk Cove remains proudly family owned. $15.99/750 ml.
- Honig Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2013 is a crisp, fresh Sauvignon Blanc created in the classic Honig style. Peach, lemon grass, hints of jasmine and pea shoot are balanced by grapefruit and lime. Medium bodied, with a bright, lingering finish. This Sauvignon Blanc is primarily sourced from Honig's sustainably farmed Rutherford vineyard. $15.99/750 ml.
- J Winery Pinot Gris 2013 offers a delightful bouquet of pear, Meyer lemon and tropical/pineapple fruit. The lush mouthfeel bursts with flavors of ripe pear and sweet orange blossom honey, then finishes with a distinct minerality. A swath of lemon-lime on the palate highlights the fruit and acid. A perfect sipper when entertaining with friends, this wine's balanced acidity make it a great accompaniment to a variety of foods from traditional coconut Thai soup to pan seared sea scallops with avocado puree. $12.99/750 ml.
- J Winery Russian River Vin Gris 2013 is pink-hued and features aromas of red cherry, strawberry and a perfumed bouquet of fresh cut flowers. The palate offers tart cherry, wild strawberry, rose petals and clean, crisp acidity. This pretty wine will pair elegantly with spinach salad topped with pecans and strawberries, watermelon gazpacho, and barbecued oysters with chipotle butter. $18.99/750 ml.
- Dornier Cocoa Hill Red 2011 is a youthful yet refined blend of Merlot (48%), Shiraz (42%), Cabernet Sauvignon (8%) and Petit Verdot (2%) which grows in the decomposed red granite soils of Cocoa Hill – a hilltop in the folds of the Stellenbosch Mountain, superbly positioned in prime South African terroir. The wine shows bright fruits on the nose with hints of spice, licorice and clove. The palate shows smooth pure fruit with refined notes of raspberries, cherries and plum. The palate is full, fresh and lively with a dense yet very supple tannin structure and a well-balanced, integrated acidity leaving a persisting finish. 14.5% ABV. $11.99/750 ml.
- Tinedo Cala No. 1 2009 is a blend of Tempranillo, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon from the Tinedo Estate south of Madrid. The nose is expressive and well defined with flower, cherry, and strawberry aromas as well a light hint of balsamic notes, chocolate and spices (licorice). On the tongue, this is a bold wine with balanced tannins. Aged 12 months in concrete tanks. 14.5% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Wine by Joe Oregon Pinot Noir 2012 is a complex and well-balanced Pinot with mouthwatering aromas of blackberry and a touch of leather. This wine slips into your mouth with juicy, lip-smacking flavors that mirror the aromas. It is balanced by vivacious acidity and a soft and velvety mouth feel, which wraps around your tongue to deliver the impression of sweetness from the soft ripe tannins. $14.99/750 ml.
- Imperial Curicó Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 offers intense strawberry and raspberry essences on the nose, plus a hint of cocoa aroma. Medium-bodied and lively on the palate, this wine finishes with well integrated tannins in the finish. Ideal with grilled steak. $6.99/750 ml.
- Imperial Curicó Valley Chardonnay 2013 delivers ample aromas of pear, pineapple and acacia flowers. It's fresh on the palate, medium-bodied, with distinct notes of exotic fruit fruit on the finish. Great with roasted chicken or turkey. $6.99/750 ml.
- Imperial Curicó Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2013 has an intense nose of citrus and green apples, with a hint of grassiness. On the palate it's crisp, light-bodied with a fresh finish. Great with summer salads, sushi, or by itself. $6.99/750 ml.
- Cristia Grenache 2012 is a light, friendly, bistro-style wine, with tasty pepper, lavender and cherry notes that hang nicely through the finish. 100% Grenache made from organically grown grapes grown in the chalk and clay soils directly across from Chateauneuf-du-Pape. The average age of the vines for this cuvee is 35 years. 14% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Chevalier Famaey Côtes Du Lot Malbec Rosé 2013 is a delicious fruity dry rose from the Lot Valley in France, an area well known for Malbec production. The wine is vinified in stainless steel. Aromas of grapefruit and red berries are enticing. On the palate, the wine is supple, round and very fruity with a long finish and a good balance. $10.99/750 ml.
- Chateau Peyruchet Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc 2011 has 15% Semillon blended in, resulting in a dry, fresh and fruity white Bordeaux at a great price. Excellent sushi wine. The winery has been owned by the same family since the 1920's. $12.99/750 ml.
- Bradgate Sauvignon Blanc Chenin Blanc 2010 is made by Gary and Kathy Jordan from grapes grown in the Stellenbosch region of South Africa. The blend is 77% Sauvignon Blanc and 23% Chenin Blanc. The ripe, green fig intensity of Sauvignon Blanc complements the tropical pear flavors of Chenin Blanc. 13.5% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Cannonball Sonoma Merlot 2011 displays aromas of pomegranate, fresh fig, cocoa and sweet earth. This Merlot is full-bodied, with refined structure and a velvety texture guiding the palate to a long lingering finish of raspberry and dark chocolate. $13.99/750 ml.
- Haraszthy Family Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 is medium bodied, beautifully balanced and displays red and black fruit aromas. Blackberry, raspberry and cherry flavors are complemented by the attractive texture of the tannins. This wine is an excellent complement to grilled meats, fish, or chicken dishes. 13.8% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Perseverance Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 displays plenty of plum, black cherry and spice flavors, owing to the old age and reduced concentrated yields of the vines. Mocha latte, toasted marshmallow, sweetened cranberry and white pepper aromas and flavors bring it all together. These Lodi vines, ranging in age back to the end of the 19th century, have persevered through changing tastes in wine, prohibition, and two waves of phylloxera, and we're very glad they did. $16.99/750 ml.
- La Croisade Chardonnay 2013 is from Languedoc and an excellent value. Buttery, full-flavored, with hints of blossom on the nose, it has nice weight and length on the finish. Perfect match with chicken. $10.99/750 ml.
- La Croisade Pinot Noir 2013 is a brilliant purple. The nose reminds one of violets and red fruit in a perfect synergy with sweet oak. The palate is rich velvety and full giving us a wonderful feeling of harmony. This wine will perfectly accompany stews or cheeses. $12.99/750 ml.
- Terre Des Oliviers Côtes De Provence Rosé 2013 is the essential lunchtime, seaside, and all-occasion wine; fresh, crisp, bright, and dry. Particularly in the coastal Provence region, the heart of the world's dry rosé production where this wine originates, a passion for dry pink permeates the culture. $13.99/750 ml.
- Gabriel Meffre Terres De Galets Côtees Du Rhône 2013 is a blend of 60% Grenache, 30% Syrah and 10% Mourvedre. The bouquet is enticing with hints of ripe red fruits and spice notes. Velvety red wine with generous red and black berry flavors. This wine is round and full bodied with a spicy finish. 91 Points Wine & Spirits Guild of America. $12.99/750 ml.
- Ponte Di Florentia Orvieto Classico 2012 is medium bodied with a persistent bouquet and a classic finish. It's suitable with appetizers, fish and lighter meals, as well as by itself. Orvieto is primarily known for white wines made from a blend of mostly Grechetto and Trebbiano grapes. 12% ABV. Light and refreshing at a very refreshing price! $7.99/750 ml.
- El Jamon Tempranillo 2012 is an easy drinking fruit driven wine, bursting with ripe berry and plum fruit with savory undertones. Soft and round on the palate with easy tannins for youthful consumption with lingering red fruit flavors. 100% Tempranillo from Cariñena Spain. $9.99/750 ml.
Dry Creek Vineyard, Family-owned for 40 years.
- Dry Creek Sonoma Heritage Vines Zinfandel 2012 shows an amazing depth and structure that is very appealing. Layers of blueberry, all spice, red currants and blackberries fill the glass. The mouthfeel is silky and smooth with tannins that glide along and bring depth and character to the wine. The fruit shines through with a juicy quality that is mouthwatering and just delicious. 85% Zinfandel, 15% Petite Sirah. 14.5% ABV. Parker gave the 2011 vintage 89 points; this vintage not yet rated. $15.99/750 ml.
- Dry Creek Sonoma Fume Blanc 2013 is just released. The previous vintage received 88 points from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate. "The 2012 Fume Blanc is a California interpretation of a Loire Valley Fume Blanc or Sancerre with subtle notes of grass, fig, melon and honeyed grapefruit. With lots of fruit, this medium-bodied, enticing, consumer-friendly white can be enjoyed over the next year." $11.99/750 ml.
Under $15 Tuscan Sensation.
- I Veroni Elacaia Rosso Di Toscana 2012 exemplifies finesse, soft and lush. The Sangiovese is the star here, smooth as silk with fresh raspberry flavors leading the way. A supple earthiness and spice backbone round out the wine, maintaining a great balance. There's an Old World charm to the wine, but the soft fruitiness of the Merlot keeps it soft and gentle. The finish reveals a welcomed hint of oakiness that wraps this wine up like a gift. (92 points, Wine and Spirits Guild of America). It could become your favorite pasta or pizza wine. $14.99/750 ml.
- Qualifies for 10% off on a solid case of 12.
Miranda Lambert's Platinum Chardonnay from Texas.
- Miranda Lambert Platinum Texas Chardonnay has just swept into the store on the heels of the exodus of CMA Festival fans. This wine is produced for Miranda by Red 55 Winery, just north of Tyler. If you haven't tried Texas wine, give this one a shot. Too fresh to be rated, but you got to have this Chardonnay! $19.99/750 ml.