Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
Grapes to Glass Fast.
- The third Thursday in November has come and along with it, new Beaujolais. This is an easy-to-drink fruity red with little of the tannins of typical reds. That's because the juice is pressed off the must after only 3 days, before the bulk of the astringent compounds can transfer into the juice. Tastes best chilled, better to gulp than sip, it's festive. And a great way to raise a glass and say "Vive La France".
- Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2015. 9.99/750 ml.
Wines for Holiday Times.
- Mark West Monterey Black Pinot Noir 2014 is full bodied, rich and smooth, with hits of black cherries and plums, mocha, vanilla, and caramel. While much Pinot Noir is styled light and bright, this one is styled dark and decadent. 12.99/750 ml.
- Mark West California Pinot Noir 2013 is a spot-on pleasing mix of black cherry, cola, strawberry, plum, and soft tannins. Thanksgiving with all of the fixings please, or grilled salmon or even a cheeseburger. 9.99/750 ml.
- Christmas at Biltmore White Wine is a fragrant semi-sweet white wine, with flavors of apricot, spice and citrus. 12.8% ABV. 2.6% residual sugar. Here is an excellent complement to your favorite holiday dishes. This year's label features a design by Nancy Rowen of Atlanta, GA. Sells out well before the day, so buy early. 10.99/750 ml.
- Shannon Ridge Lake County Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 has aromas of ripe fruit; Bing cherry, blackberry and black currant. Mocha coffee, anise, vanilla and pie spices also fill the glass. Flavors burst out with bright cherry, dark chocolate and fresh blackberry. Nicely spiced and hearty notes of black pepper and cedar. 13.9% ABV. Family vineyard, sustainably farmed, high elevation. Great value. 9.99/750 ml.
- Shannon Ridge Lake County Sauvignon Blanc 2014 displays notes of grapefruit, lime, guava, lemongrass, goose berry, melon and hints of key lime pie. Here's a starter with depth and complexity and a long, bright finish. 13.9% ABV. Family vineyard, sustainably farmed, high elevation. Great value. 9.99/750 ml.
- Cosentino The Cab 2013. 11.99/750 ml.
- Cosentino The Franc 2013. 11.99/750 ml.
- Cosentino The Zin 2013. 11.99/750 ml.
- Redwood Creek Varieties, Magnum Size. 8.99/1.5 Liter.
- Save 2-5 dollars each on Simi Sonoma wines.
- Simi Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc 2014. 10.99/750 ml.
- Simi Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2013. 19.99/750 ml.
- Simi Sonoma Chardonnay 2014. 12.99/750 ml.
- St. Francis Sonoma Chardonnay 2013. 11.99/750 ml.
- St. Francis Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. 19.99/750 ml.
- Estancia Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. 12.99/750 ml.
- Franciscan Napa Cabernet Sauvignon 2013. 22.99/750 ml.
- Cline Chardonnay 2013. 11.99/750 ml.
- Louis Martini Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon 2013. 14.99/750 ml.
- Save 3-5 dollars each on these Dry Creek wines.
- Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. 19.99/750 ml.
- Dry Creek Fume Blanc 2014. 11.99/750 ml.
- Dry Creek Zinfandel. 15.99/750 ml.
- Ravenswood Lodi Zinfandel 2013. 11.99/750 ml.
- Dreaming Tree is Dave Matthew's own California wine label, in partnership with winemaker Sean McKenzie. The wine is amazing for the price.
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Crush Red Blend 2013, Chardonnay 2014, Pinot Noir 2013.
- Evolution White Blend. 15.99/750 ml.
- Haraszthy Lodi Zinfandel 2012. 12.99/750 ml.
- Haraszthy Bearitage Lodi Red 2013. 12.99/750 ml.
- Rascal Oregon Pinot Noir. 9.99/750 ml.
- Rascal Oregon Pinot Grigio. 9.99/750 ml.
- William Hill wines represent classic North Coast California styling at an affordable price. All varieties. 12.99/750 ml.
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Chardonnay 2013, Merlot 2013, and Sauvignon Blanc 2014.
- Woodbridge Varietal Magnums. 10.99/750 ml.
- Save 10% when you buy a 6-bottle case of any single Woodbridge magnum size varietal.
Mediterranean Art de Vivre.
- Gérard Bertrand Cote Des Roses Rosé 2014 releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance. The originality extends to the rose-shaped bottle, designed by a young student. A blend of Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah from Languedoc in the south of France. 15.99/750 ml.
- Gérard Bertrand Gris Blanc Rosé 2014 reveals delightful red berry scents. A slight sparkle on the palate gives the wine all its freshness and brings out its fruit to the full. Made from Grenache which is the king of grape varieties when it comes to making light, racy, fruity roses. in the south of France. Grenache displays cherry aromas, as well as fig and sometimes cocoa flavors, plus it's round with traces of mineral on the palate. 14.99/750 ml.