Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
Zipz (As Seen on Shark Tank).
- Zipz is the answer to the portable single-serve wine category. High-quality plastic vessel looks and feels like glassware and is 100% recyclable. Patented technology keeps your wine fresh and protected, along with a resealable screw-top that pulls double duty as a coaster. 3.99/187 ml.
- Premium wine anywhere. Choose from Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, Chardonnay 2012 and Pinot Grigio 2013.
Warm Weather Ready Wines.
- Frontera Chilean Varietals, Magnum Size. 8.99/1.5 Liter.
- Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot 2013, Merlot 2013, Sauvignon Blanc 2014 and Chardonnay 2014.
- Chandon Rosé 2015 American Summer Edition. These are perfect for parties, and BBQs. The bottles make pretty table decorations. Let the summer begin! This sparkling wine is a pretty pink with intense ripe strawberry, juicy watermelon, and fresh red cherry fruit aromas and flavors. On the palate, this wine is creamy and seductive with a defined structure from the Pinot Noir added in its final stages. 16.99/750 ml. Save $5.
- Pandemonium California Red is a "kitchen sink" blend of Merlot, Zinfandel, Petite Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah and Malbec. This is a lovely medium-bodied wine with an abundance of red and black fruits, plum, cola, black cherry and a gentle hint of Pandemonium. 12.99/750 ml.
- Cupcake California Red Velvet 2012 combines Zinfandel, Merlot, and Petite Sirah. Aromas of chocolate, deep dark blackberries and luscious red fruits follow through to the palate. Finish with a hint of coconut and creamy mocha that shows unmistakable intensity and length. 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Cupcake Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2014 is a vibrant and complex Sauvignon Blanc that bursts with flavors of Key Limes, white nectarines, grapefruit and gooseberry leaving a well-balanced finish. 13% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc 2013 was named a "Best Buy" by Wine Enthusiast. "There was no oak used on this stainless steel-fermented Sauvignon Blanc, but it does contain a splash of Viognier. It's dry, crisp in acidity and savory in lime, orange, kumquat and vanilla flavors that finish long and clean. 89 points." 9.99/750 ml.
- Casillero Del Diablo Varietals from Chile. 8.99/750 ml.
- Select from Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Merlot 2013, Red Blend 2011, Sauvignon Blanc 2014.
- Estancia Chardonnay 2013 offers excellent value in a Monterey Chardonnay. Aromas: Honey and tropical fruits with hints of pineapple and peaches. Palate: Lush tropical fruit, with hints of sweet vanilla custard, and apple pie flavors followed by a lingering soft, creamy finish. 9.99/750 ml.
- Rutherford Ranch Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2014 has aromas of of grapefruit, fig, lemongrass and mango. On the palate, this wine has fresh flavors of grapefruit, fig and mango with crisp and clean acidity and long, lingering finish. 12.5% ABV. 14.99/750 ml.
- Santa Rita Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. Wine Enthusiast 88. "Ripe black fruit, plums and fine herbs, gracefully combined with vanilla, cloves and fragrant spices. Complex body mingles soft tannins with a rich texture." 12.99/750 ml.
- Louis Martini Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 is just out and yet to be rated, but the 2012 received 88 points from Robert Parker. "This dense wine exhibits lots of black currant and black cherry fruit intertwined with background earth and oak. This medium to full-bodied Cabernet reveals excellent purity as well as lots of flavor intensity." 12.99/750 ml.
- Naked Santa Barbara Chardonnay 2013 was fermented in stainless steel and not put through malolactic fermentation, in order to maintain the natural acid balance. The Chardonnay exhibits crisp apple, white peach, and pear, finishing long with hints of citrus and mineral. 9.99/750 ml.
- Manteo Sonoma Red 2013 offers real depth, balance and rich, fragrant flavors of boysenberries, black cherries, and cassis, aromatic spices redolent of pink peppercorns and anise, and distinctive notes of earthy minerals, tobacco leaves and smoky, toasted oak. The tannins are well-integrated even in their youth and the wine’s lushness leads to a long, expressive finish. Blend: 28% Syrah, 16% Petit Verdot, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc, 13% Petite Sirah, plus Merlot, Malbec and Zinfandel. 13.5% ABV. 16.99/750 ml.
- Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio Magnums 2013 is perfect as the weather warms up, to be enjoyed for its aromatic crisp green apple, mineral and honeysuckle notes. 12.5% ABV. 13.99/1.5 Liter.
- Wedell Cellars Wavertree Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir 2012. The bouquet of Raspberry and Black Cherry are only a hint at what a special wine the 2012 Wavertree Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir is. The wine shows an uncanny balance of new and old world with an elegance on the mid-palate followed by a long savory finish. This Pinot is incredibly balanced between fruit, acidity and alcohol, it is readily enjoyable now and will mature beautifully for years to come. 14.1% ABV. 1200 cases made. 21.99/750 ml.
- Beran Zinfandel 2012 is the first vintage of this label released by Copper Cane, who also produces Meiomi Pinot Noir. A concentrated Zinfandel with deep, rich flavors of blackberry, spice, oak, and black pepper. Full-bodied with a richly textured mouthfeel, it finishes with an expansive array of additional dark raspberry and plum flavors. 19.99/750 ml.
- Rock Wall Rock Hound Red 2013 was made by Shauna Rosenblum, of urban winery Rock Wall. Her father Kent is CEO of this new chapter in the East Bay winemaking scene. Aromas of Girl scout Samoa cookies (you know-the coconut ones), raspberry jam and fresh blackberries enthusiastically meet one's nose followed by yummy flavors of juicy cherry, chocolate covered strawberry, black tea, and sage. 14.3% ABV. 13.99/750 ml.
- Wish North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 displays black currant, red currant and black cherry fruit. Savory characteristics including tobacco, cedar, mint and espresso backed up with plenty of structure. 13.5% ABV. 9.99/750 ml. Estate fruit, sustainably grown. Save $5.
- Ravenswood Besieged Red Blend 2013 is a blend of Petite Sirah, Carignane, Zinfandel, Syrah, Barbera, Alicante Bouschet and Mourvedre. Sourced from vineyards in Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma Valley, Russian River Valley, Knights Valley and Sonoma Mountain. Red-black in color. Rich, robust, and round fruit flavors of blackberry, black cherry, and plum spiced with cardamom. The finish is smooth and satisfying. 14.5% ABV. 15.99/750 ml.
- Ravenswood mail-in rebate available. Save up to $10. Details on hang tag available in store. All Ravenswood 750 ml size bottles included.
- Ravenswood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2013 explodes with blueberries, black plums, vanilla, and cocoa. Lush and mouthfilling, with incredibly silky tannins that slide into a long, flavorful finish. 77% Zinfandel, 23% Petite Sirah. 12-18 months French oak barrels, 30% new. 14.5% ABV. 11.99/750 ml.
Kosher Wines from Israel.
- Tishbi Kosher Wines from Israel. A balance of youth and vitality, this series includes fresh wines harvested primarily from Estate vineyards. The Tishbi Series wines are young, quality wines that complement light summer time meals of salads, cheese assortments, pasta and poultry, or serve as an aperitif. With numerous "Best" editor recommendations, these wines reflect Jonathan Tishbi's commitment to producing quality wines at affordable prices. 16.99/750 ml.
- Select from Cabernet Syrah 2013, Chenin Blanc 2013, and Emerald Riesling 2013.
- Hermon Kosher Wines from Golan Heights Winery in Israel. Since it was founded in 1983, Golan Heights Winery has played a significant role in developing and nurturing Israel's wine culture. Golan Heights Winery also produces the Gilgal label (below).
- Select from Galilee Moscato 2014, Red Blend 2013, and White Blend 2013. 14.99/750 ml.
- Gilgal Chardonnay 2012 presents bright tropical fruit characters balanced out with lemon, floral and spice notes and a hint of oak. This medium-bodied Chardonnay balances nice refreshment with good flavor concentration. 13% ABV. 14.99/750 ml.
Jack's 2015 ZAP Pick.
- Zin-Phomaniac Reserve Sonoma Zinfandel 2012 exudes aromas of tobacco, cola, plum and clove. Wild raspberry, plum, cherry and molasses flavors are complemented by white pepper, anise and clove flavors on the spicy lingering finish. Grapes were sourced from Russian River, Sonoma, Dry Creek and Alexander Valley vineyards, 20 to 75-year old vines. 14.6% ABV. Only 1,203 cases made. 18.99/750 ml.
- ZAP, or Zinfandel Advocates and Producers, recently held it's annual Zinfandel Experience in San Francisco, January 31st. Our own wine guy Jack was there again this year, tasting through selections provided by well over 100 Zinfandel producers. This Reserve Zinfandel from Zin-Phomaniac really stood out as particularly worthy, and now available here.