Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
Under $15 Tuscan Sensation.
- I Veroni Elacaia Rosso Di Toscana 2012 exemplifies finesse, soft and lush. The Sangiovese is the star here, smooth as silk with fresh raspberry flavors leading the way. A supple earthiness and spice backbone round out the wine, maintaining a great balance. There's an Old World charm to the wine, but the soft fruitiness of the Merlot keeps it soft and gentle. The finish reveals a welcomed hint of oakiness that wraps this wine up like a gift. (92 points, Wine and Spirits Guild of America). It could become your favorite pasta or pizza wine. $14.99/750 ml.
- Qualifies for 10% off on a solid case of 12.
Upscale your Party with Chateau St. Jean.
- Chateau St. Jean is the quintessential Sonoma winery, founded in 1973. Bring their gracious style and elegance to your table at a great price. These CSJ also qualify for 10% of a solid case (12 bottles) purchase.
- Chateau St. Jean California Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 consists of selected fruit from the North Coast and Central Coast. North Coast vineyards from Sonoma to Lake County give the wine fruit flavors of black cherry and black berry with tannin structure. Vivid aromas of blackberries, fresh plum and chocolate follow through to rich flavors of black cherries, fresh pie and notes of black tea. The wine is well structured with a juicy mouthfeel and a full, lingering finish. $10.99/750 ml.
- Chateau St. Jean North Coast Chardonnay 2012 is the "perfect chardonnay for an upscale party, simply pleasing from start to finish. Soft ripe fruit; smooth on the palate; a faint note of wood. - Wilfred Wong. We agree! $10.99/750 ml.
New Zealand's Great Vintage and a Mail-in Rebate.
- New Zealand winemakers are calling 2013 the "Vintage of a Lifetime," after the driest growing season in 70 years. Hurry! Use the mail-in rebate form and save $15 on six bottles or $4 on two bottles of Starborough or Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc. Offer expiring soon, see in-store rebate form for details.
- Starborough Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2013 has refreshing flavors of citrus and tropical fruits with notes of fresh-cut grass. Layers of passion fruit, guava and kiwi create a crisp, approachable palate. $10.99/750 ml.
- Whitehaven New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc 2013. $14.99/750 ml.
Wine Buys for the Summer.
- Wine by Joe Oregon Pinot Noir 2012 is a complex and well-balanced Pinot with mouthwatering aromas of blackberry and a touch of leather. This wine slips into your mouth with juicy, lip-smacking flavors that mirror the aromas. It is balanced by vivacious acidity and a soft and velvety mouth feel, which wraps around your tongue to deliver the impression of sweetness from the soft ripe tannins. $14.99/750 ml.
- Imperial Curicó Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 offers intense strawberry and raspberry essences on the nose, plus a hint of cocoa aroma. Medium-bodied and lively on the palate, this wine finishes with well integrated tannins in the finish. Ideal with grilled steak. $6.99/750 ml.
- Imperial Curicó Valley Chardonnay 2013 delivers ample aromas of pear, pineapple and acacia flowers. It's fresh on the palate, medium-bodied, with distinct notes of exotic fruit fruit on the finish. Great with roasted chicken or turkey. $6.99/750 ml.
- Imperial Curicó Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2013 has an intense nose of citrus and green apples, with a hint of grassiness. On the palate it's crisp, light-bodied with a fresh finish. Great with summer salads, sushi, or by itself. $6.99/750 ml.
- Bread & Butter Napa Chardonnay 2012 displays aromas of fresh butter, vanilla oak, and citrus fruit. Buttered popcorn and vanilla oak characters mingle with flavors of honeydew melon, lemon peel, papaya, jasmine, honeysuckle, banana, and lychee. The richness and creaminess of this Chardonnay lends itself well to creamy sauces and fish dishes. $13.99/750 ml.
- Bread & Butter California Pinot Noir 2012 displays aromas of cherry cola, vanilla tapioca, jasmine tea, with hints of roses, anise and eucalyptus. On the palate, black cherry, orange peel, rhubarb, and a floral tea flavors mingle with hints of caramel, mint, white pepper, on a background of toast. This wine is light, bright, and elegant the way Pinot Noir should be. $13.99/750 ml.
- Cristia Grenache 2012 is a light, friendly, bistro-style wine, with tasty pepper, lavender and cherry notes that hang nicely through the finish. 100% Grenache made from organically grown grapes grown in the chalk and clay soils directly across from Chateauneuf-du-Pape. The average age of the vines for this cuvee is 35 years. 14% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Chevalier Famaey Côtes Du Lot Malbec Rosé 2013 is a delicious fruity dry rose from the Lot Valley in France, an area well known for Malbec production. The wine is vinified in stainless steel. Aromas of grapefruit and red berries are enticing. On the palate, the wine is supple, round and very fruity with a long finish and a good balance. $10.99/750 ml.
- Chateau Peyruchet Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc 2011 has 15% Semillon blended in, resulting in a dry, fresh and fruity white Bordeaux at a great price. Excellent sushi wine. The winery has been owned by the same family since the 1920's. $12.99/750 ml.
- Bradgate Sauvignon Blanc Chenin Blanc 2010 is made by Gary and Kathy Jordan from grapes grown in the Stellenbosch region of South Africa. The blend is 77% Sauvignon Blanc and 23% Chenin Blanc. The ripe, green fig intensity of Sauvignon Blanc complements the tropical pear flavors of Chenin Blanc. 13.5% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Cannonball Sonoma Merlot 2011 displays aromas of pomegranate, fresh fig, cocoa and sweet earth. This Merlot is full-bodied, with refined structure and a velvety texture guiding the palate to a long lingering finish of raspberry and dark chocolate. $13.99/750 ml.
- Ruffino Lumina Pinot Grigio 2013 is produced from carefully selected grapes coming from the Northeast Italy's finest vineyards. It is a wine that shows complexity and elegance. Its medium-bodied structure and full aromas makes it stand out in the broad Pinot Grigio category, especially at this price point. $7.99/750 ml.
- Beringer Magnums, Select Varieties $8.99/1.5 Liter.
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Merlot.
- Concha y Toro Frontera Chilean Varieties. $4.99/750 ml.
- Choose from Cabernet/Merlot, Moscato, Merlot or Chardonnay.
- William Hill North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 has a rich palate of dark fruit flavors, with subtle hints of caramel and cocoa. The Sonoma fruit gave this wine its blackberry and black cherry flavors, while the Lake County fruit brought tremendous structure and presence to the blend. This Cabernet was blended with a touch of Merlot to round out the mouthfeel. $12.99/750 ml.
- William Hill North Coast Merlot is reminiscent of a bold Cabernet Sauvignon, with its rich flavors and substantial mouthfeel. Aromas of blackberry, black cherry and toasty oak set the stage for a palate of decadent black cherry, pepper and chocolate. $12.99/750 ml.
- William Hill North Coast Sauvignon Blanc 2013 offers layers of ripe citrus fruits, including Meyer lemon, ruby grapefruit and exotic Kaffir lime. These flavors meld with rich notes of lychee, passion fruit and a touch of pineapple. A full, round mouthfeel leads the way to a refreshingly crisp finish. A first vintage for this wine. $12.99/750 ml.
- William Hill North Coast Chardonnay 2012 offers aromas and flavors of ripe tree fruit, underscored by hints of brown spice, citrus and tropical fruit. Hailing mostly from Sonoma and Mendocino, with a touch of fruit from Napa, this well-integrated wine has excellent acidity and a creamy mouthfeel. $12.99/750 ml.
- Coppola Merlot 2012 combines fruit from Napa, Sonoma and Monterey. The flavors and textures unique to each region harmonize perfectly to create a wine that has dark succulent fruit balanced by natural acidity. Intense aromatics of raspberry and blueberry lead to flavors of crushed berries, vanilla and leather, which are wrapped up in a soft, smooth tannin structure. $12.99/750 ml.
- Alamos Malbec 2013 comes from the highly respected Catena family of Argentina. Alamos wines are designed to emphasize the fruit character. This Malbec has deep color, bright cherry aromas, and the deep cassis and blackberry characteristics that have made Malbec a rising star. $7.99/750 ml.
- Haraszthy Family Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 is medium bodied, beautifully balanced and displays red and black fruit aromas. Blackberry, raspberry and cherry flavors are complemented by the attractive texture of the tannins. This wine is an excellent complement to grilled meats, fish, or chicken dishes. 13.8% ABV. $12.99/750 ml.
- Perseverance Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 displays plenty of plum, black cherry and spice flavors, owing to the old age and reduced concentrated yields of the vines. Mocha latte, toasted marshmallow, sweetened cranberry and white pepper aromas and flavors bring it all together. These Lodi vines, ranging in age back to the end of the 19th century, have persevered through changing tastes in wine, prohibition, and two waves of phylloxera, and we're very glad they did. $16.99/750 ml.
- La Croisade Chardonnay 2013 is from Languedoc and an excellent value. Buttery, full-flavored, with hints of blossom on the nose, it has nice weight and length on the finish. Perfect match with chicken. $10.99/750 ml.
- La Croisade Pinot Noir 2013 is a brilliant purple. The nose reminds one of violets and red fruit in a perfect synergy with sweet oak. The palate is rich velvety and full giving us a wonderful feeling of harmony. This wine will perfectly accompany stews or cheeses. $12.99/750 ml.
- Terre Des Oliviers Côtes De Provence Rosé 2013 is the essential lunchtime, seaside, and all-occasion wine; fresh, crisp, bright, and dry. Particularly in the coastal Provence region, the heart of the world's dry rosé production where this wine originates, a passion for dry pink permeates the culture. $13.99/750 ml.
- Hecht & Bannier Languedoc Rose 2013 is fresh and fruit-filled; its blend is composed around aromatic Syrah from Saint Chinian area, complemented by Grenache and Cinsault, which also give vividness and finesse. This wine is finely structured, with a refined finish that gushes with mineral and spice. $12.99/750 ml.
- Note Blueu Côtes De Provence Rosé 2013 is 80% Cinsault and 20% Grenache from Provence France. It's a dry style with light citrus and ripe berry fruit flavors that lead the way. It's great by the glass but will also pair nicely with a range of appetizers and lighter fare. $13.99/750 ml.
- Gabriel Meffre Terres De Galets Côtees Du Rhône 2013 is a blend of 60% Grenache, 30% Syrah and 10% Mourvedre. The bouquet is enticing with hints of ripe red fruits and spice notes. Velvety red wine with generous red and black berry flavors. This wine is round and full bodied with a spicy finish. 91 Points Wine & Spirits Guild of America. $12.99/750 ml.
- Ponte Di Florentia Orvieto Classico 2012 is medium bodied with a persistent bouquet and a classic finish. It's suitable with appetizers, fish and lighter meals, as well as by itself. Orvieto is primarily known for white wines made from a blend of mostly Grechetto and Trebbiano grapes. 12% ABV. Light and refreshing at a very refreshing price! $7.99/750 ml.
- Fetzer Magnums. $10.99/1.5 Liter.
- Select from Sundial Chardonnay, Valley Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon, Eagle Peak Merlot or Valley Oaks Pinot Noir.
- Besides making great California wines at a great price, Fetzer winery in Hopland is certified by California Certified Sustainable Winegrowing.
- Atop Fetzer's bottling facility is one of the wine industry's largest solar array, which is 899 kW, and is capable of generating 1.1MM kilowatt hours of clean energy - equivalent to planting nearly 200 acres of pine or fir forest.
- Cave de Rasteau Le Dome Du Grand Bois Côtes du Rhône 2012 offers up jammy raspberry and black cherry fruit aromas that are supported by crisp mineral, earth and smokey notes. Medium bodied, this has nice purity, a silky, light texture, nice acidity and a clean, medium length finish. Pair it with roast chicken. $12.99/750 ml.
- La Domelière Rasteau 2012 is a full-bodied Rhône red with plenty of concentration and structure, made from 40-year-old vines. Grenache gives bright, fresh, dark red fruit, Syrah gives darker color, black fruit and spice while Mourvedre adds depth and length to the palate. Silky with lovely freshness, there is a hint of anise mixed in with the red and black fruit. Rasteau is a new star of the southern Rhone. Rasteau is the latest appellation to be promoted to "cru status" like Gigondas, Vacqueyras, and Chateauneuf du Pape. $12.99/750 ml.
- El Jamon Tempranillo 2012 is an easy drinking fruit driven wine, bursting with ripe berry and plum fruit with savory undertones. Soft and round on the palate with easy tannins for youthful consumption with lingering red fruit flavors. 100% Tempranillo from Cariñena Spain. $9.99/750 ml.
- The Gnome Knows Côtes De Gascogne Sauvignon Blanc 2013 is a textbook fresh and fruity wine from Gascogne, in southwest France. It is light, herbaceous and immediately drinkable with its lemon and green fruits. 12% ABV. $9.99/750 ml.
Nicki Minaj invites you to #GetInTheMyx for $9.99.
- MYX Fusions is the next evolution in the wave of Moscato mania sweeping the country, improving on the experience of drinking it. All natural and refreshingly carbonated, the three delicious flavors - Coconut, Peach and Original Moscato - are packaged in sleek cobalt blue bottles. Easy to open, twist off cap. All natural flavors. Yes, Nicki Minaj really is Co-Owner and Spokesperson for this new Brand. 5.5% ABV. $9.99/4-pack 6.3 ounce (200 ml) bottles.
- Moscato & Coconut displays layers of refreshing, mellow coconut mingling with Moscato's nectar allusions. Taste the tingling of fresh, fizzing fruits while swaying to the breeze and celebrating the exotic taste of the tropics.
- Moscato & Peach picks up on the already peachy highlights of Moscato. MYX Fusions Moscato & Peach enlivens the taste and aroma of the ripe, summer nectar. Fragrant, fruity bubbles are the passageway to a sweet, sparkling getaway.
- Original Moscato is enriched with hints of apricot, vanilla and honey. Natural fruit juices and effervescent bubbles refresh the palette and leave with a sweet and subtle finish.
Edna Valley Stock Up Sale $9.99.
Edna Valley Vineyard lies about halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, along California's pristine coastline. Gentle sunshine, rich soil, and cool ocean fog create the Central Coast's extended growing season – a combination that gives the grapes longer time on the vine. That means more time to develop rich, complex flavors. Our price on these awesome lush wines is unbeatable!
- Edna Valley Chardonnay 2011 is lush and smooth with ripe, juicy flavors of pear, white peach and spice; rich, creamy and dense; balanced, crisp and lovely. - Tasting Panel 90 points. Sure to be one of our top Chardonnay values of the year. $9.99/750 ml.
- Edna Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 is smooth and spicy with ripe blackberry, cherry and spice; dense, rich and juicy with sweet oak and good balance; long and stylish. - Tasting Panel 88 points. $9.99/750 ml.
- Edna Valley Merlot 2011 opens with aromas of cocoa powder, anise and black cherry, complemented by hints of leather and humidor. Fine tannins and a bright acidity create a rich, balanced mouthfeel. $9.99/750 ml.
Miranda Lambert's Platinum Chardonnay from Texas.
- Miranda Lambert Platinum Texas Chardonnay has just swept into the store on the heels of the exodus of CMA Festival fans. This wine is produced for Miranda by Red 55 Winery, just north of Tyler. If you haven't tried Texas wine, give this one a shot. Too fresh to be rated, but you got to have this Chardonnay! $19.99/750 ml.
Viniq Shimmery Liqueur: "Is that not cool?"
- Viniq Shimmery Liqueur is a fusion of premium vodka, moscato and natural fruit flavors. Mesmerizing to look at, the taste is nothing short of delicious. $18.99/750 ml. $9.99/375 ml.