Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
- Bogle Chardonnay 2013 is exceptional for the price. Beverage Testing Institute rated it 91 points, best buy. "Aromas and flavors of grilled pineapple, honey, and apple pie with a silky, tangy, fruity medium body and a smooth, medium-length finish with notes of nut with well-integrated tannins and moderate oak." 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Also, Bogle Merlot 2013. 8.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Essential Red 2013 is a blend of 31% Old Vine Zinfandel, 19% Syrah, 24% Cabernet Sauvignon and 26% Petite Sirah, barrel aged in French and American oak. Rich, ripe, luscious and juicy. 13.5% ABV. 9.99/750 ml.
- Also, Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Petite Syrah 2013, Old Vine Zinfandel 2013. 9.99/750 ml.
- Barefoot Bubbly. Select Brut, Moscato Spumante, Pink Moscato, Pinot Grigio Champagne. 8.99/750 ml.
- 2014 Zac Posen Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio offers light citrus and delicate floral aromas, tropical fruit flavors and a crisp, refreshing finish. 87% Pinot Grigio, 13% Chardonnay. 12.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Ecco Domani partnered with Zac Posen to create this limited edition designer bottle. The charismatic designer is a favorite among the Hollywood set, crafting looks favored by stylish celebs such as Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, Rihanna and Gwyneth Paltrow. Says Posen, "This is such an exciting project because it weaves together my work as a fashion designer and my passion for food, cooking and entertaining."
- Il Bastardo "The Bastard" is back, this time the 2013 vintage. This is a Chianti-like Sangiovese from near Rufina, about 20 miles east of Florence in Tuscany. The wine has an aromatic nose, with blackberry and cherry aromas and flavors. On the palate it is medium bodied with good tannins. Think burgers, pizza, spaghetti. 13% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Yes, often people buy this wine for the quirky label, but then continue to buy it because it's a delicious wine for the price.
- Joel Gott and Dave Phinney Shatter Grenache, Maury France 2012. 92 points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate. "Aged in French oak (a small part being new) and hitting 15.6% natural alcohol, this sexy, full-bodied, pedal-to-the-metal effort bears plenty of resemblance to the old-vine, 100% Grenache efforts coming from Chateauneuf du Pape. Kirsch liqueur, blackberry, toasted spice, garrigue and hints of vanilla bean all flow nicely to a seamless, silky, yet decadently styled red that has fine tannin, and a blockbuster, heady finish. It will certainly not appease those looking for lightweight aromas and flavors, but count me a fan. The oak is still present, so give it a year in bottle; it will drink nicely for another 5-6 years." 23.99/750 ml.
- Dave Phinney Locations Corse White marks the first release of this white wine from Corsica. Three years of R&D went into finding the best vineyards and winery to partner with to make a true expression of Corsican Vermentino. The label represents the hand crafted Shepard's knives that can be found all over the beautiful island. Tank fermented and true to varietal. The wine is lively and crisp with blossoming floral aromatics jumping out of the glass. Flavors of fresh green apples and bittersweet almond are complemented by undertones of Thai basil. 13.7% ABV. 18.99/750 ml.
- Chateau Pegau Cotes Du Rhone is a tank-aged blend of 60% Grenache, 25% Syrah, 10% Mourvedre and 5% Cinsault. "Aromas of ripe dark berries, licorice and smoked meat, with a peppery topnote adding vibrancy. Chewy, tightly focused blackberry and bitter cherry flavors are lifted by juicy acidity." -International Wine Cellar 88 points. price/750 ml.
- Root:1 Chilean Varietals. 8.99/750 ml. Save $1.50.
- Select from Carmenere 2012, Sauvignon Blanc 2013 or Cabernet Sauvignon 2012.
- Avalon California Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. 9.99/750 ml. Save $1.50.
- Coppola Monterey Chardonnay 2013. 9.99/750 ml. Save $3.
- Josh Cellars California Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 is rich with dark fruits, cinnamon, clove and toasty oak flavors. The wine is juicy on the palate with blackcurrant and blackberry flavors prominent, accented by roasted almonds, vanilla and hazelnuts, finishing long with fine, firm tannins. 12 months new French oak. 13.7% ABV. 12.99/750 ml.
- Josh Cellars California Chardonnay 2014 displays aromas of tropical fruits and citrus married with beautifully harmonious oak notes. A delightful harmony of fresh yellow and white stone fruits lingers on the palate and finishes with fresh and clean acidity. 12.99/750 ml.
- Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 or Merlot 2013. 4.99/750 ml.
- Woodbridge Chardonnay 2104. 4.99/750 ml.
- A decadent Paso Robles blend of 67% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Syrah, 11% Petite Sirah. Brooding purple with dark rimmed color. The nose blooms first with red cherry, ripe plum to dark raspberry with hints of anise seed and ending dusty suede. The palate is explosive, lush ripe fruits give way to supple tannin, layers of dark and bright berries with balanced acidity and firm yet restrained structure. The strong finish lingers of black tea and plum. Great price. 15.99/750 ml.
- Tom Gore is a second generation grape farmer from Sonoma County. He has worked every harvest since he was seven years old, and has always known farming grapes would be his life's work. With Tom Gore Vineyards, he is stepping out from behind the scenes to tell the story of the farmer's role.
- Chardonnay 2013 has intense aromas of ripe apple and tropical fruit, with notes of toffee and toasty oak. The wine is smooth and richly textured. Its creamy undertones are balanced with just the right amount of acidity on the palate. 11.99/750 ml.
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 is dark red in color with aromas of currant and plum and wonderful hints of mocha and coffee on the palate. This wine is fruit forward with a supple mouthfeel and medium body. 11.99/750 ml.
- Pandemonium California Red is a "kitchen sink" blend of Merlot, Zinfandel, Petite Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah and Malbec. This is a lovely medium-bodied wine with an abundance of red and black fruits, plum, cola, black cherry and a gentle hint of Pandemonium. 12.99/750 ml.
- Manteo Sonoma Red 2013 offers real depth, balance and rich, fragrant flavors of boysenberries, black cherries, and cassis, aromatic spices redolent of pink peppercorns and anise, and distinctive notes of earthy minerals, tobacco leaves and smoky, toasted oak. The tannins are well-integrated even in their youth and the wine’s lushness leads to a long, expressive finish. Blend: 28% Syrah, 16% Petit Verdot, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc, 13% Petite Sirah, plus Merlot, Malbec and Zinfandel. 13.5% ABV. 16.99/750 ml.
Zipz (As Seen on Shark Tank).
- Zipz is the answer to the portable single-serve wine category. High-quality plastic vessel looks and feels like glassware and is 100% recyclable. Patented technology keeps your wine fresh and protected, along with a resealable screw-top that pulls double duty as a coaster. 3.99/187 ml.
- Premium wine anywhere. Choose from Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, Chardonnay 2012 and Pinot Grigio 2013.