Leave it to Frugal's expert wine buyers to find the highest QPR (quality-price-ratio) wines. We keep our web site updated with our special wine features, but we have hundreds more wines in stock every day, and no one in the area has a better selection.
2016 Predators Wine Festival
is Thursday March 31st.
- Join the Nashville Predators Foundation for the 11th annual Wine Festival & Tasting presented by King Jewelers on Thursday, March 31 over the ice at Bridgestone Arena. The festivities run from 6-10 p.m. and tickets are $75 per person. The festival will feature more than 200 higher-end wines, beer, and a spirits tasting and an extensive silent auction with more than 200 items.
- Get your tickets online here.
A Dozen Rosés.
- A dozen roses says "thinking of you 12 months a year". Who says the sentiment is limited to flowers? These high-quality selections are fresh, zesty and bright. Perfect for Valentine's Day gifting.
- All prices per each 750 ml bottle.
- Elizabeth Spencer Rosé of Grenache 2014 has a bountiful nose of crushed raspberry and ripened strawberry, with candied and jammy notes, guava, sweet tarts, blood orange zest, lilacs, and grape blossoms. The palate is likewise generous and fruity, redolent with cherry, guava, strawberry, and Honeycrisp apple. The fruity palate is well-supported with a bright and zesty acidity that lingers long into the bold, well-structured finish. This is a classic, whole-cluster pressed rose wine, with a balance and structure that makes it welcome at any table. Grown in rocky soils on a southwestern facing slope along the Talmage Bench east of Ukiah in Mendocino County. 18.99.
- Gérard Bertrand Cote Des Roses 2014 releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance. The originality extends to the rose-shaped bottle, designed by a young student. A blend of Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah from Languedoc in the south of France. 15.99.
- Commanderie de la Bargemone 2014 was rated 91 points by Robert Parker. "A quintessential Provencal rose, the light salmon colored 2014 Coteaux d'Aix rose gives up lots of red currants, dried strawberries, dusty pebble and dried flower notes on the nose. This flows to a fresh, focused and classically styled dry rose that has bright acidity, beautiful balance and a clean finish. Outstanding on all accounts, and just what you're looking for when you need a dry rose. 18.99.
- High Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé 2014 has bright aromas of raspberry, pomegranate, honeysuckle, and hints of lime. The flavors fill your mouth with pomegranate, cranberry, blood orange and hints of lime, very typical from roses of Cabernet Sauvignon. 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Sauvignon Blanc. Stainless steel fermented. 14.2% ABV. From Shannon Ridge, grown at elevation in Lake County California. 15.99.
- Gerard Bértrand Gris Blanc 2014 reveals delightful red berry scents. A slight sparkle on the palate gives the wine all its freshness and brings out its fruit to the full. Made from Grenache which is the king of grape varieties when it comes to making light, racy, fruity rosés. in the south of France. Grenache displays cherry aromas, as well as fig and sometimes cocoa flavors, plus it's round with traces of mineral on the palate. 14.99.
- Hogwash 2014 displays a pale salmon-pink color and a beautiful and lively nose that showcases aromas of watermelon candy, red cherries, red current and rose water. Medium bodied, it has incredible vibrancy that combines with its great finish to create a wine that is both a very serious rosé wine but has something for everyone. Made by by Tuck Beckstoffer from California Grenache grapes. 13.5% ABV. 16.99.
- Coppola Sofia 2014 is feminine and stylish, with a fragrant perfume of fresh strawberries and lavender. On the palate it explodes with ripe, juicy flavors of cherry, raspberry and citrus zest. It's crisp, delicate, and elegantly fruity with just a kiss of spice on the finish. 73% Syrah, 17% Grenache, 10% Pinot Noir. 90 points Wine Enthusiast. 13.6% ABV. 15.99.
- Cantine Elvio Tintero Rosato is 90% Barbera grown in the commune of Mango in Piedmont Italy. The grapes are sustainably farmed. Bottled unfiltered for great varietal expression, this is a pure and refreshing wine on the finish. 11.5% ABV. 12.99.
- Rainstorm Silver Linings 2014 is rose pink with aromas of strawberry, rose petals and pomegranate seeds. It is completely dry with refreshing acidity. All Pinot Noir from Willamette and Umpqua Valleys in Oregon. 14.99.
- Underwood 2014 is the perfect wine for action lounging. From Willamette Valley Oregon, this unpretentious wine delivers strawberry, watermelon and peach notes. 13.99.
- Latúe Organic Tempranillo Rosado 2014 is a bright strawberry pink color. It's very aromatic with strawberry and peach aromas and flavors and a fresh lingering finish. Vino de la Tierra from La Mancha Spain. 10.99.
- Foncalieu Pique Poul 2014 is 100% Pique Poul Noir, a rare grape variety grown in southwest France, one of the 13 grapes permitted in Chateauneuf du Pape. Very pale pink color. Light bodied and clean with refreshing acidity, bright rose petal aromas and citrus notes. 13.99.
High Altitude, Low Price.
- The Don Rodolfo wine collection focuses on Argentina's hallmark grapes, with nearly 150 years of family wine making heritage. The vineyards are located in a coveted, high altitude area, where the rivers are fed by pollution-free water from melted glaciers in the Andes.
- Don Rodolfo Moscato 2014 has a peach and honeydew melon nose. On the palate, it is floral with lightly sweet, velvety textures, finishing with bright acidity. 11.5% ABV. A super crowd pleaser, easy to drink and very well made. 9.99/750 ml.
- These Don Rodolfo estate varietals, same price. 9.99/750 ml.
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 displays aromas of red fruit, plum with hints of spicy black pepper. This cabernet is rich and juicy, with a smooth entrance and gentle tannins. 13.5% ABV.
- Malbec 2014 has aromas of berries, cassis and plums. This wine has rich deep flavors, with smooth and round tannins. 13.5% ABV.
- Pinot Noir 2014 has an expressive bouquet, is very fruity, with black cherry aromas. This is a young, medium structured Pinot with a savory red fruit palate. 13% ABV.
- Mark West California (2014) is our best selling Pinot Noir especially at this price. 9.99/750 ml.
- Estancia (2014) is a classic Monterey Chardonnay with aromas of honey, tropical fruits with hints of pineapple and peaches. Lush tropical fruit, vanilla custard, apple pie flavors but crisp and refreshing on the finish. We love it at this price. 9.99/750 ml.
- Louis Latour Valmoissine Pinot Noir 2013 is an elegant wine with remarkable finesse. Domaine de Valmoissine is located on the site of the ancient monastery and university of Valmoissine at 500 meters above sea-level. The vineyard's southern exposure gives the raisins perfect maturity at the same time as the Grands Crus of Corton. The yield is small in order to ensure perfect maturity and concentration of the grapes, the factors that create the best quality wines. Aged 10-12 months in Stainless vats. 13.99/750 ml.
- El Circo Volatinero Tempranillo 2014 is youthful with aromas of ripe black cherry, plum jam and clove. Lively on the palate with concentrated flavors and a silky mouthfeel. 9.99/750 ml.
- El Circo Acrobata Garnacha 2014 is an easy drinking red with bright, fruity aromas, medium weight and very gentle tannins. The flavors are reminiscent of wild strawberry, blackberry and fruit jam. 9.99/750 ml.
Savvy Blanc Buy.
- Beringer Founder's Sauvignon Blanc 2014 has a refreshing grapefruit flavor that is enhanced with intense citrus, ripe stone fruit and white fig. The wine finishes with a clean grassy note and crisp acidity making it a perfect match with grilled fish. Made from select vineyards on the Central Coast and the California Delta. 7.99/750 ml.
Decadent Blends, Sale 8.99.
- Cupcake Black Forest Red 2013 has rich, deep flavors of blackberry and dark cherry with hints of spice and mocha. This wine has a long, complex finish. Made from California Coastal Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Petit Verdot, and Petite Sirah. 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Menages A Trois Red 2013 brings together three strange bedfellows: Zinfandel (47%), Merlot (33%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (20%). To add complexity and retain character, each variety was fermented separately, then blended together prior to bottling. 13.8% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Gnarly Head 1924 Double Black California Red Blend 2013 delivers dark, rich fruit flavors, alluring spice notes and a deep full-bodied palate. The name pays homage to the Delicato family's first Lodi vineyard plantings in 1924. Zinfandel dominates the blend. 15% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
Chateau St. Jean Sale.
- Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay 2014 is a rich, delicious, fruit-forward wine. Bright aromas of ripe apple, creamy lemon pie, warm vanilla and brown spice lead to a rich, supple palate with juicy fruit flavors of fresh nectarine, apple and pineapple. 8.99/750 ml. Save $3.
- Chateau St. Jean Pinot Gris 2012 was fermented in stainless steel to retain its lively acidity. Bright, crisp aromas of fresh lemon, citrus and melon lead to refreshing flavors of citrus, kiwi and orange blossom. 7.99/750 ml. Save $3.
- Cline is a family-owned vineyard and winery that consistently over-delivers on quality and expressiveness for the price.
- Cline Cashmere 2013 is a very flavorful, smooth wine offering big cherry, raspberry and chocolate notes with hints of cracked black pepper and plum. 53% Mourvedre, 25% Syrah, 22% Grenache from Oakley and Sonoma. 14.5% ABV. Cashmere is the wine that gives back. Annual donations are made for breast cancer research and Alzheimer's patient care. 11.99/750 ml.
- Cline Estate Chardonnay 2013 is a dry, crisp, delicious wine with notes of pineapple, citrus, and a smooth oaky vanilla finish. Estate grown Sonoma Coast 100% Chardonnay. 3 months French oak aging, 25% new, no malolactic fermentation. 14% ABV. 11.99/750 ml.
- Cline Lodi Zinfandel 2013 shows a wide array of dark berry fruit including black cherry and strawberry. Additionally, spice notes and a lasting finish of vanilla from oak aging and firm, supple tannins add complexity to this wine. 14 ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
Under a Buck/Glass.
- Beringer California Collection Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Red Crush. 4.99/750 ml.
- Rex Goliath Varietals, Magnum Size. 7.99/1.5 Liter.
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio.
Grateful Palate Goodies,
Aged in Pappy Barrels.
- Southern Belle Tierra del Murcia 2013 is a blend of Syrah and Monestrell which is then aged for a period of time in Van Winkle Bourbon barrels. Bourbon is an element of complexity not dominant, making for a seamless, delicious, drinkable fine wine. 14.5% ABV. 19.99/750 ml.
- Poor Thing Grenache 2014 also spent 18 months in Van Winkle barrels. Those whiskey barrels just seem to give all the subtle fruit and spice nuances a nice lift in the glass and a nice added complexity. 15.8% ABV. 24.99/750 ml.
More Wine Picks.
- Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio 2014 Magnums. 13.99/1.5 Liter.
- Trivento Amado Sur Red 2013 is 70% Malbec, 20% Bonarda and 10% Syrah. Aromas of strawberries and red cherries intertwine with hints of clove and vanilla. Lush red berry flavor gives way to velvety tannins. 13.99/750 ml.
- Gerard Bertrand Languedoc Syrah Grenache 2011 "offers a ripe aroma, with rich, concentrated dark plum, kirsch and dried blueberry flavors, featuring a succulent spiciness. Touches of smoke show on the finish, alongside notes of chocolate." Wine Spectator 90 points. 13.5% ABV. 16.99/750 ml.
- Les Hospices Sancerre 2013 is of course, Sauvignon Blanc, and many consider Sancerre to set the standard for the varietal. The expression is typically sleek, racy and minerally, owing to viticultural techniques and the local chalky and gravelly soils. Subtle aromas of flowers and ripe peaches introduce this wine, which has plenty of the flinty Sancerre character but also some of the riper peachiness of Pouilly Fume. 19.99/750 ml.
- Predator Old Vine Zinfandel 2014 is made from 50 plus year old vines in Lodi. Sustainable growing practices include the use of predatory Ladybugs and mites who devour would-be destructive aphids. Aroma: Bright raspberry, blackberry, black pepper and smoky oak. Flavor: Bold red raspberry, cherry, juicy blackberry, black pepper with smooth tannins. 14% ABV. Amazing price! 13.99/750 ml.
- Haraszthy Lodi Zinfandel 2012. 12.99/750 ml.
- Haraszthy Bearitage Lodi Red 2013. 12.99/750 ml.
Heavy, Deep, Complex, Italian.
- 80 Vecchie Vigne Primitivo di Manduria 2013 is "a new emotion at every sip." "It has a complex and persistent aroma of brushwood tobacco cocoa and coffee. Compact and jammy in the mouth with chocolate and vanilla notes in the end. A perfect match for elaborated dishes roast or stewed meats and seasoned cheeses." Heavy bottle + Deep punt = Executive Gift Quality Presentation. 39.99/750 ml.