Real-time Tap ticker. current Growlers on tap: We recently expanded to 24 taps!
- Black Abbey Bellsnickel ($11.99)
- | Calfkiller Sergio's Ole Evil-Ass Devil Bullshit
- | Carson's Brown Cow
- | Carson's RIPA - Red India Pale Ale
- | Czann's Oatmeal Stout
- | Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail Lite ($15.99)
- | Fat Bottom Barrel Aged Bertha
- | Founders All Day IPA
- | Founders Big Lushious Stout ($10.99)
- | Founders Dry Hopped Pale Ale Nitro ($9.99)
- | Founders Rubaeus ($16.99)
- | Green Man Porter ($9.99)
- | Highland Cold Mountain Winter Ale ($12.99)
- | Jackalope Spruce Beersteen
- | Little Harpeth High Water
- | Napa Smith Organic IPA ($9.99)
- | Napa Smith Pilsner ($12.99)
- | Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout ($10.99)
- | Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($10.99)
- | Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale ($7.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America Chico King ($11.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Nooner Session IPA
- | Straight To Ale Saison Du Roquette Bourbon Barrel Aged With Cherries ($9.99)
- | The Black Abbey Guy Fawkes
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Riedel Wine Glass Sale.
- Riedel Red/White Wine Glasses are the perfect size for all wines, a compromise between red and white glasses, with the same high-end thin light design, but very affordable. This should be your house wine glass, especially at this once-a-year sale price. $44.99/case of 12. $4.49 each.
Happy Holiday Wines.
- Head High Pinot Noir 2012 is a superstar pedigree, everyday Pinot by Winemaker Don Van Staaveren. Sourced from renowned vineyards in the Petaluma Gap, including the famed Gap's Crown vineyard, which is also used by Sojourn, Patz & Hall, Kosta Browne and MacPhail. The wine displays "a complex bouquet of black cherries, Asian spices, raspberry and vanilla. The well-defined flavors show superb focus, with incredible mouth-filling red fruits, dark plum and bramble berry. Notes of sweet oak, spices and black cherry vanilla are perfectly balanced and set the stage for the very long, luxurious finish." Very limited and amazing for this price. $21.99/750 ml.
- Belcreme De Lys Chardonnay 2013 is a bright Chardonnay with fragrant scents of spicy oak and tropical fruit. On the palate this creamy wine showcases juicy flavors of ripe pear and pineapple. $9.99/750 ml.
- Penfolds Bin 8 Cabernet Shiraz 2012 received 90 points by Parker, 92 points by Suckling and 90 points by Tanzer. This wine is composed of 57% Cabernet Sauvignon 43% Shiraz sourced from some of Penfolds' top vineyards across Barossa Valley, Wrattonbully, McLaren Vale, Padthaway and Langhorne Creek. It is designed to be rich, powerful, lush and accessible on release. "Pure blackcurrant and blackberry notes come through along with some baking spices in the background. Medium-bodied with classic flavors, it is quite expressive in the mouth, with low to medium levels of grainy tannins carrying it through the long finish." $18.99/750 ml.
- For more holiday wine buys, check our Wine Features page.
Holiday Liquor Features.
- The holiday gift sets have arrived. Great value because the bonus items are free or just a small additional charge. And they're already in a box.
- Check out our growing Holiday Gift Features page.
- Jameson Irish Whiskey 1.75 Liter $34.99.
Macallan Free Gift Wrap and Tasting.
- Monday, December 22nd, 4-7 PM: Macallan Free Gift Wrap and Tasting. We'll be pouring Macallan 12-year, and you can have your Macallan purchases wrapped while you shop and taste. 21 and over.
Holiday Celebration Ale.
- Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is one of the earliest examples of an American-style IPA and one of the few hop-forward holiday beers. Famous for its intense citrus and pine aromas, Celebration is bold and intense, featuring Cascade, Centennial and Chinook hops - honoring everything at Sierra Nevada. Ratebeer 98. IBU-65. 6.8% ABV. Pair with Fish and Chips or Roasted Turkey and Dressing. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- For more holiday beers, check our Beer Features page.
New from Lynchburg.
- Jack Daniel's Winter Jack is back again for a limited time. Winter Jack is a seasonal blend of apple cider liqueur Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey and holiday spices. It is based on an original family recipe. Winter Jack is best served warm. The taste is reminiscent of apple pie complemented with Tennessee Whiskey and seasonal spices with a finish of toasted oak and vanilla. $17.99/750 ml.
- Jack Daniel's Master Distiller Series 3 features Lem Tolley, who served as Master Distiller from 1941-1964. $39.99/Liter.
Under 1 Dollar: Logo Shot Glasses 99 cents each.
- Now Frugal's has a "Dollar Store" section. Check out the always-changing selection of logo shot glasses for just 99 cents each.
Beaujolais Nouveau Arrival Under $10.
- Beaujolais officially arrived Thursday Nov. 20th. Celebrate with Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2014. $9.99/750 ml.
Smooth, Rich Esprit Orange Liqueur.
- Esprit Orange Liqueur is an exceptionally smooth and flavorful orange liqueur with a base of A. Hardy VSOP Cognac. Esprit Classique is distilled in small pot stills from orange peels imported from the island of Curacao. It has a smooth and rich taste that is truly distinctive, and it's presented in decorative bottles that are filled by hand. $19.99/750 ml. (Compare at $39.99.)
- For more fall liquor buys, check our Liquor Features page.
Ed Young: The Christmas Truce 1914.
- Christmas is a special time of year, but a century ago it was especially poignant and memorable. This season marks the 100th anniversary of the Christmas Truce, a series of unofficial ceasefires that took place along the Western Front around Christmas 1914, during World War I. The Christmas truces were an evocative, hopeful, albeit brief, manifestation of shared humanity, and an affirmation of the traditional Christmas message of "peace on earth; good will to men." In that spirit, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Read Ed Young's newsletter here.