Currently on tap: (8.99/64 oz. growler fill except where noted)
- Abita Strawgator (11.99)
- | Atwater Vanilla Java Porter (11.99)
- | Blue Pants Dry Hopped Pale Ale (7.99)
- | Calfkiller J. Henry Original Mild (9.99)
- | Cool Springs Frugal Mac Barrel Aged Wee Heavy (29.99)
- | Czann's Barrel Aged Pale Ale (11.99)
- | Evil Twin Ron And The Beast Ryan (16.99)
- | Evil Twin Ryan And The Beaster Bunny (16.99)
- | Harpoon UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen (7.99)
- | Highland Black Mocha Stout (9.99)
- | Lagunitas CitruSinensis Pale Ale (13.99)
- | Little Harpeth I.P.L
- | New Holland White Hatter (11.99)
- | Ommegang Witte (12.99)
- | Oskar Blues Gubna (21.99)
- | Rivertown Lil' SIPA (9.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA (10.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner
- | Southern Prohibition Mississippi Fire Ant (10.99)
- | Tennessee Walk the Lime
- | Wiseacre Dr Gibbler Smoked Helles (9.99)
- | Yazoo Citraluxe Embrace the Funk (17.99)
- | Yazoo Hefeweizen
- | Yazoo Hop Project IPA
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Summer Blowout on Abita Strawberry.
- Summer Blowout on Abita Strawberry Harvest. 6-pack bottles. Buy 1 at 8.99, get a second for a penny. That's 2/$9 while the stack lasts, hurry.
Summer Wine Hits.
- Plungerhead Lodi Zinfandel 2012 displays notes of blackberry fruit, spice cake, fresh tobacco, white pepper, and fresh strawberry. In the mouth, you experience flavors of dried cranberry, blackberry, blackstrap molasses, brambly Zin fruit, toasted walnut, and hints of mocha laced cappuccino. This blend finishes with notes of dark chocolate, dried cherry, vanilla from American oak, and deep toasted hazelnut from French oak. 85% Zinfandel with Barbera, Carignane, Petite Sirah and Tempranillo. 14.5% ABV. 12.99/750 ml.
- Blackstone California Varieties. 6.99/750 ml.
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir.
- Cline Cashmere 2013 is a very flavorful, smooth wine offering big cherry, raspberry and chocolate notes with hints of cracked black pepper and plum. 53% Mourvedre, 25% Syrah, 22% Grenache from Oakley and Sonoma. 14.5% ABV. Cashmere is the wine that gives back. Annual donations are made for breast cancer research and Alzheimer’s patient care. 11.99/750 ml.
- Charles & Charles Rose 2014 is awesomely complex, the best vintage of this wine yet. Wild red fruit of strawberry, raspberry and bing cherry are interwoven with Herbs de Provence and grass, a touch of citrus and a nice presence of minerality. Syrah (72%), Mourvedre (8%), Cabernet Sauvignon (8%), Grenache (6%), Cinsault (3%), Counoise (3%). 12.99/750 ml.
- Julia James California Pinot Noir 2014 showcases silky texture and food-friendliness. Ripe red raspberry and cherry fruit meld with earth and spice notes. The acidity is balanced and the fine tannins are ripe, yielding a long, smooth finish. Julia James Pinot Noir is medium in body and meant to be enjoyed upon release. 13.99/750 ml.
- Madeline Columbia Valley Red Blend 2012 combines Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot and is made by renowned Gordon Estate, Pasco, WA. Gordon doesn't market this blend; instead it was sought out and being marketed by a local entrepreneur. If you love a Washington red wine bargain, this is a good one. 14.99/750 ml.
Now: Dry Creek Sale.
- Dry Creek Vineyard Dry Chenin Blanc Wilson Ranch Clarksburg 2014 is aromatic with quince, banana and lime fruitiness and it's crisp, dry and refreshing. Awesome on its own but pair with seafood or cold fried chicken. Even cold Nashville hot chicken! 8.99/750 ml.
- Dry Creek Vineyard Heritage Vines Sonoma Zinfandel 2013 "recalls the distant days when good subtwenty-dollar Zinfandels were plentiful and ranks as one of the better current values around." -Connoisseurs Guide. "Spot on in focus with lots of generous fruit in its very sure grasp and showing a full varietal array of blackberries, briar and dusty soil spice throughout." 16.99/750 ml. Save $3.
- Dry Creek Vineyard Sonoma Fumé Blanc 2013 offers a distinct aromatic and flavor profile that sets it apart from the competition. In the glass, Meyer lemon, kefir lime, fresh citrus and grassy characters are immediately evident. The cold stainless steel fermentation preserves the vibrancy in the wine – a characteristic that we love and is often compared to a quivering race horse. The palate repeats vibrant aromatic themes making the wine mouthwatering and delicious. Underlying minerals and wet stone provide a seamless core of acidity and backbone that are hallmarks of this Fume Blanc. 11.99/750 ml. Save $3.
Crawtators & Strawgator? Crab Chips & Chardonnay?
- What do you pair with your favorite chip or snack? This is a question you could really get into answering. Check out the selection of Zapp's and Utz.
Your Personal Bourbon Shopper.
- W. L. Weller Special Reserve Frugal MacDoogal Single Barrel Select. You probably know Weller, and this is an awesome barrel. Wheated, sweet nose, smooth finish. Thanks for the pleasure of being your personal bourbon shopper! 28.99/750 ml.
- Jefferson's is a great value in very small batch Kentucky bourbon, curated and sourced through industry star Trey Zoeller. But in this case, you have the rare opportunity to tap into single barrels provided exclusively through Frugal MacDoogal Nashville, at the same price.
- Jefferson's Very Small Batch Frugal Barrel C-153. 27.99/750 ml.
- Belle Meade Bourbon. 33.99/750 ml.
- Belle Meade 9 year-old Sherry Finish Bourbon. 72.99/750 ml.
- Belle Meade 9 year-old Single Barrel Frugal's Selection Bourbon. 55.99/750 ml.
Jackalope's Rompo in Cans. Yeah!
- Jackalope Brewery has just introduced their flagship Rompo Red Rye Ale in cans. Rompo is an Irish Red with a Tennessee twist, flaked rye added to the mash. Rompo is a very smooth drinking brew with notes of fruit and caramel, while the rye contributes a spicy and clean finish. IBU-22. 5.6% ABV. 8.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
Black Abbey Barrel-aged Exclusives in Cork-and-Cage 750s.
- Black Abbey Barrel-aged Champion is a Frugal exclusive because we supplied the whiskey barrel from our bourbon program. These are individually bottled, by hand, creating an exclusive single barrel bottle-conditioned product in 750 ml bottles with Cork-and-Cage closures. Only 7 cases produced. 15.99/750 ml.
- Black Abbey Barrel-aged Rose, another Frugal exclusive. Only 7 cases produced. 9.99/750 ml.
- Stone Stochasticity HiFi + LoFi Mixtape is made by blending a stock ale aged more than three months in oak foudres (large wooden fermentation vessels) with a fresh version of the same beer to create a perfect harmony spanning end to end on the taste spectrum. Strong Ale, IBU-70. 8.8% ABV. 8.99/22-ounce bottle.
- Stone RuinTen Triple IPA is the 10th anniversary of Stone's belovedly bitter Ruination IPA. IBU-110. 10.8% ABV. Ratebeer 100. Beer Advocate 96. 8.99/22-ounce bottle.
- Dogfish Head Festina Peche is a delicately hopped summertime quencher, peachy, tart and dry. If you like Pinot Grigio, give this beer a try. IBU-8. 4.5% ABV. 8.99/4-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Blackstone Strawberry Picnic is a fresh new Summer ale brewed with strawberries. Drink berry local. 4.8% ABV. 8.59/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Oskar Blues Dale's Pale. 9.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans. 17.99/12-pack.
CSB Frugal Macs Bourbon Barrel Aged Wee Heavy Ale.
- CSB Frugal Macs Bourbon Barrel Aged Wee Heavy Ale was brewed January 20, 2014 at Cool Springs Brewery for Frugal's. In fact, we helped brew this special batch all day and provided the bourbon barrel for 15 months aging. It's been a long time coming and it turned out to be a delicious collaboration. Limited. 12% ABV. IBU-7. 19.99/22-ounce bottle.
Darn Good Barrels.
- Henry McKenna 10-year old Bond Bourbon Single Barrel #1295. Wine Enthusiast 90-95 points. Delicious old school 100-proof Kentucky Bourbon from Heaven Hill. Come and get it. 32.99/750 ml.
- Frugal's hand selected barrel of Crown Royal is here. From the Coffey Rye Still in Manitoba. 103 proof. "Flavorful creamy and fruity notes of banana, combined with rich oak undertones." Crown Royal Hand Selected Barrel. 47.99/750 ml.
Ed Young: Deciphering Brandy, Cognac & Armagnac.
- What do you do after a wonderful meal when you are at peace with the world? Many of us top off such an occasion with a snifter of cognac, or armagnac, and a good cigar. Our friends who are not familiar with the pleasures of the world's most notable brandies may have wondered just what those bottles hold that so many find so special. Or maybe you are just not sure what brandy, cognac, and armagnac are. This month we are setting the record straight. Read it here.