Currently on tap: (price/64 oz. growler fill)
- Bell's Java Stout (15.99)
- | Bell's Two Hearted Ale (11.99)
- | Benford / Evil Twin Problem Solver DIPA (21.99)
- | Corsair Ancient IPA (15.99)
- | Good People Snake Handler (17.99)
- | Mantra Battleground (12.99)
- | Mantra Citra Saison (12.99)
- | Mantra Delayed Reaction (13.99)
- | Mantra Japa Milk Stout (12.99)
- | Mantra Nouveau (12.99)
- | Mantra Revolutionary (13.99)
- | Mantra Saffron IPA (11.99)
- | Mantra Summer Salt (13.99)
- | Mantra Tamarind Pucker (13.99)
- | Mantra Tart le Blanche (13.99)
- | Napa Smith Organic IPA ($11.99)
- | Ommegang Game of Thrones Iron Throne (19.99)
- | Ommegang Game of Thrones Take the Black Stout (19.99)
- | Rogue Double Chocolate Stout (16.99)
- | Smuttynose Scotch Ale (17.99)
- | Yazoo Americana Ale (9.99)
- | Yazoo Brett Not Sour (17.99)
- | Yazoo Embrace the Funk Sennespiration (13.99)
- | Yazoo Hop Project 84 (9.99)
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Grapes to Glass Fast.
- The third Thursday in November has come and along with it, new Beaujolais. This is an easy-to-drink fruity red with little of the tannins of typical reds. That's because the juice is pressed off the must after only 3 days, before the bulk of the astringent compounds can transfer into the juice. Tastes best chilled, better to gulp than sip, it's festive. And a great way to raise a glass and say "Vive La France".
- Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2015. 9.99/750 ml.
Wines for Holiday Times.
- Mark West Monterey Black Pinot Noir 2014 is full bodied, rich and smooth, with hits of black cherries and plums, mocha, vanilla, and caramel. While much Pinot Noir is styled light and bright, this one is styled dark and decadent. 12.99/750 ml.
- Mark West California Pinot Noir 2013 is a spot-on pleasing mix of black cherry, cola, strawberry, plum, and soft tannins. Thanksgiving with all of the fixings please, or grilled salmon or even a cheeseburger. 9.99/750 ml.
- Christmas at Biltmore White Wine is a fragrant semi-sweet white wine, with flavors of apricot, spice and citrus. 12.8% ABV. 2.6% residual sugar. Here is an excellent complement to your favorite holiday dishes. This year's label features a design by Nancy Rowen of Atlanta, GA. Sells out well before the day, so buy early. 10.99/750 ml.
- Shannon Ridge Lake County Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 has aromas of ripe fruit; Bing cherry, blackberry and black currant. Mocha coffee, anise, vanilla and pie spices also fill the glass. Flavors burst out with bright cherry, dark chocolate and fresh blackberry. Nicely spiced and hearty notes of black pepper and cedar. 13.9% ABV. Family vineyard, sustainably farmed, high elevation. Great value. 9.99/750 ml.
- Shannon Ridge Lake County Sauvignon Blanc 2014 displays notes of grapefruit, lime, guava, lemongrass, goose berry, melon and hints of key lime pie. Here's a starter with depth and complexity and a long, bright finish. 13.9% ABV. Family vineyard, sustainably farmed, high elevation. Great value. 9.99/750 ml.
Mantra Artisan Ales Tap Takeover.
- We're launching Mantra Artisan Ales with TEN taps. Check our BEERMENUS page for current selections.
- Derrick Morse, former head brewer at Cool Springs Brewery, partnered with celebrity chef and Nashville area resident Maneet Chauhan to bring Indian culinary sensibilities to local brewing.
Frugal's on Fox 17.
- Jeff Warzynski and Myles Murphy just taped a great segment for Fox 17's Ultimate Gift Guide. They're talking about wine and spirits for the holiday table and events. (If the video is unavailable, you must be signed in to Facebook or view it here on YouTube.)
The Thought Counts.
- The holiday gift sets have arrived. Great value because the bonus items are free or just a small additional charge. And they're already in a box.
- See GIFT SETS HERE.
- Pictured: Templeton Rye with stainless flask. Templeton is an unmistakable rye with a smooth, spicy taste and clean, balanced finish. It's no wonder they call it The Good Stuff. Taste Iowa's historic whiskey.
Tradition: Evan Williams Egg Nog.
- Evan Williams Egg Nog is a tradition, a southern-style eggnog blended with seven-year-old Kentucky straight bourbon. It has the velvety custard flavor and subtle winter aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg and the complementary flavors of Evan Williams. 9.99/750 ml. 19.99/1.75 Liter.
Your Personal Bourbon Shopper.
- Whiskey Buyer Myles Murphy has been on the bourbon trail in Kentucky and came back with these awesomely delicious exclusive barrels.
- Knob Creek Frugal's Single Barrel is 9-years old and weighs in at 120 proof. 42.99/750 ml.
- Calumet Farm is a solid bourbon but this bottle really turned heads. This is why you need a personal bourbon shopper. 86 proof. 44.99/750 ml.
And to You Your Holiday Brew.
- Sierra Nevada Celebration 2015 Ale. 9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Highland Cold Mountain Ale. 25.99/12-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- New Belgium Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Brownie Ale. 8.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
Bell's has arrived.
- Bells Two Hearted Ale. 11.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Bells Porter. 8.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Bells Winter White. 8.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
Just Arrived from Jack Daniel's.
- Single Barrel 128.9 Proof. Highly anticipated, Barrel Proof takes the flavor range of sweet vanilla and toasted oak that has become the Jack Daniel's trademark to a whole new level. 62.99/750 ml.
- Single Barrel Select Ducks Unlimited has a special cork stopper with the official duck head logo. A portion of the proceeds goes directly to the conservation efforts of Ducks Unlimited. 94 proof. 51.99/750 ml.
- Master Distiller Series #4, Jesse Gamble. "Jess" Gamble was the first Master Distiller outside the family and not a lot is known about him because he only served in that capacity for 2 years (1964-66). Jess had been a loyal employee and reached the top of the ladder at an important time, paving the way for Frank Bobo who succeeded him. 86 proof. 39.99/Liter.
- Winter Jack Tennessee Cider is a seasonal blend of apple cider liqueur, Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey and Holiday spices. 30 proof. 17.99/750 ml.
Chattanooga Whiskey 1816 Cask.
Frugal's Single Barrel 2008.
- Introducing Frugal's exclusive Single Barrel 1816 Cask, a beautiful whiskey barreled in 2008, weighing in at 111.9 proof. Whiskey to the People, they say. Really good stuff, we say.
Ed Young: Happy Thanksgiving Recommendations.
- Thanksgiving is a busy time of the year for Frugal's and we thank all our customers for allowing us to serve and make recommendations. On Thanksgiving Day, Americans drink more wine than on any other day of the year. Not to mention crafty brews, innovative ciders, bourbons and local whiskeys, creative liqueurs and more. This year, Ed has recommendations that range from the classic pairings to "out of the box". After all, Thanksgiving brings together more flavors to the American table than any other day, so why not enjoy the great bounty of beverages to pair with your own holiday traditions. Read it here.