Currently on tap: (8.99/64 oz. growler fill except where noted)
- Abita Strawgator (11.99)
- | Calfkiller Scorned Hooker (9.99)
- | Devils Backbone Beta Max (15.99)
- | Devils Backbone Eight Point IPA (9.99)
- | Devils Backbone Gold Leaf (9.99)
- | Devils Backbone Pumpkin Hunter (11.99)
- | Devils Backbone Spider Bite (11.99)
- | Devils Backbone Stringduster (11.99)
- | Devils Backbone Trail Angel Weiss (11.99)
- | Devils Backbone Vienna Lager (9.99)
- | Dogfish Head Festina Peche (15.99)
- | Evil Twin Ron And The Beast Ryan (16.99)
- | Evil Twin Ryan And The Beaster Bunny (16.99)
- | Harpoon Take 5 IPA
- | Highland Black Mocha Stout (9.99)
- | New Holland White Hatter (11.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner
- | Southern Prohibition Devil's Harvest Extra Pale Ale (9.99)
- | Tennessee Walk the Lime
- | Tin Man Rivet Irish Red Ale (13.99)
- | Wiseacre Dr Gibbler Smoked Helles (9.99)
- | Yazoo Americana Ale
- | Yazoo Citraluxe Embrace the Funk (17.99)
- | Yazoo Hopry (11.99)
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
A Barrel from Ocean Voyage 5.
- Look at that beautiful barrel. Like the previous four, Voyage 5 crossed the equator 4 times and traveled to 5 continents by ship, taking its time, picking up character. Mind you, the bourbon in those barrels was hand-picked and already well-aged before embarking. Your ship has come in, thanks to creative Master Blender Trey Zoeller, his team, and Frugal's whiskey buyer Myles.
- Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 5 Bourbon, Frugal's Barrel. 76.99/750 ml.
High-Energy Italian Deal.
- In need of a high energy shot, a taste of Italy and a deal? Castello Mio Sambuca Espresso is made from real Italian deep roast coffee beans and all natural sambuca essences. Made by a family company that has been hand crafting artisanal liqueurs in the Veneto region of Italy since the 1800's. 76 proof, $15 off. 9.99/750 ml.
- Huntsville's Yellowhammer is now delivering their brew to Nashville. Their unique beers draw on Belgian and German brewing traditions with a Southern interpretation.
- Belgian White is a little different. Instead of the more traditional hints of orange and coriander, this White derives a hint of spice from Kaffir lime leaves and fresh ginger. A perfect beer on a hot day. 4.8% ABV. price/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Lost Highway Black Lager is a German-style schwarzbier, or "black beer," brewed with a blend of German Munich malt, Vienna malt and "huskless" roasted malts, give the beer a smooth toasty character. Lost HIghway employs a German lager yeast giving this beer a crisp and clean finish. 5.8% ABV. price/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Rebellion Red is a crisp, refreshing and contemplative beer. The aroma holds light malt and caramel notes. While German Cara Red and Vienna malts form the soul of this beer, it's capped with a light hoppy bitterness. 5.8% ABV. price/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Tobacco Road Imperial Amber was named as a nod to Georgia author Erskine Caldwell's 1932 novel. It shares some characteristics with an English barley wine, but with a more assertive hop character. Pair with bread pudding or apple cobbler. As far as cigar pairings go, look for a maduro wrapper for some more intense tobacco flavor that should pair nicely with the creamy texture of the beer. 9.4% ABV. price/4-pack 12-ounce bottles.
Last of the Summer Wines.
- Beach House Sauvignon Blanc 2013 is a delicious expression of the varietal by Douglas Green, from grapes grown in Western Cape, South Africa. 7.99/750 ml.
- Beringer California Collection Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay 4.99/750 ml.
- Cline Cashmere 2013 is a very flavorful, smooth wine offering big cherry, raspberry and chocolate notes with hints of cracked black pepper and plum. 53% Mourvedre, 25% Syrah, 22% Grenache from Oakley and Sonoma. 14.5% ABV. Cashmere is the wine that gives back. Annual donations are made for breast cancer research and Alzheimer’s patient care. 11.99/750 ml.
- Prosecco just keeps getting more popular, especially at weddings. From the Veneto region in Italy, Prosecco is light and bubbly, easy to drink and also makes amazing cocktails. Try the Aperol Spritz by combining 3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts Aperol, a splash of soda and an orange garnish.
- Natale Verga Prosecco is our best selling Prosecco, smooth and refreshing, but not too high in acid. With a creamy mouthfeel, it is a sure crowd pleaser. 11.99/750 ml.
- Charles & Charles Rose 2014 is awesomely complex, the best vintage of this wine yet. Wild red fruit of strawberry, raspberry and bing cherry are interwoven with Herbs de Provence and grass, a touch of citrus and a nice presence of minerality. Syrah (72%), Mourvedre (8%), Cabernet Sauvignon (8%), Grenache (6%), Cinsault (3%), Counoise (3%). 12.99/750 ml.
- The Union Wine Company of Oregon has taken a cue from craft beer and canned some of their highly acclaimed yet affordable Oregon Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris (Grigio). Can-tastic! Can-gratulations!
- Underwood Oregon Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris 7.49/375 ml. can.
Pictures: Nashville Predators Hot Shots.
- The first ever Predators Hot Shots Festival, featuring Nashville hot chicken, bourbon and whiskey was Saturday August 1st at Bridgestone. This event was a great success in terms of attendance, money raised for local charities, happy guests and vendors. Thanks for your support of this new event for Nashville. We were there and got some pictures. See them here.
Best of Nashville 2015.
- The Nashville Scene's annual Best of Nashville Reader's Poll is open for 2015 voting. Thanks for voting Frugal's Best Liquor Store in 2014 and previous years. We appreciate your vote this year! In addition to Best Liquor Store, you may also cast a vote for Frugal's in the categories of Best Craft Beer Retailer, Best Place to Get a Growler Filled, and Best Wine Store. Voting ends September 4th. Ballot here.
Not Your Father's Root Beer.
- Not Your Father's Root Beer is aptly named because it's 5.9% ABV. Bold, sweet, smooth, spicy. 10.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
Crawtators & Strawgator? Crab Chips & Chardonnay?
- What do you pair with your favorite chip or snack? This is a question you could really get into answering. Check out the selection of Zapp's and Utz.
Your Personal Bourbon Shopper.
- W. L. Weller Special Reserve Frugal MacDoogal Single Barrel Select. You probably know Weller, and this is an awesome barrel. Wheated, sweet nose, smooth finish. Thanks for the pleasure of being your personal bourbon shopper! 28.99/750 ml.
- Jefferson's is a great value in very small batch Kentucky bourbon, curated and sourced through industry star Trey Zoeller. But in this case, you have the rare opportunity to tap into single barrels provided exclusively through Frugal MacDoogal Nashville, at the same price.
- Jefferson's Very Small Batch Frugal Barrel C-153. 27.99/750 ml.
Fall Colors are Appearing.
- Your favorite fall seasonals, Oktoberfest, and pumpkin beers are appearing daily. Now, when will that cooler weather follow?
- Red Hare Hasenpfeffer Oktoberfest is brewed according to tradition with classic ingredients from Germany, the motherland of bier. Munich-y, toasty, caramelized, malty, nutty. 5.5% ABV. From Marietta. 17.99/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
Black Abbey Barrel-aged Exclusives in Cork-and-Cage 750s.
- Black Abbey Barrel-aged Champion is a Frugal exclusive because we supplied the whiskey barrel from our bourbon program. These are individually bottled, by hand, creating an exclusive single barrel bottle-conditioned product in 750 ml bottles with Cork-and-Cage closures. Only 7 cases produced. 15.99/750 ml.
- Black Abbey Barrel-aged Rose, another Frugal exclusive. Only 7 cases produced. 9.99/750 ml.
- Stone Stochasticity HiFi + LoFi Mixtape is made by blending a stock ale aged more than three months in oak foudres (large wooden fermentation vessels) with a fresh version of the same beer to create a perfect harmony spanning end to end on the taste spectrum. Strong Ale, IBU-70. 8.8% ABV. 8.99/22-ounce bottle.
- Stone RuinTen Triple IPA is the 10th anniversary of Stone's belovedly bitter Ruination IPA. IBU-110. 10.8% ABV. Ratebeer 100. Beer Advocate 96. 8.99/22-ounce bottle.
Darn Good Barrels.
- Henry McKenna 10-year old Bond Bourbon Single Barrel #1295. Wine Enthusiast 90-95 points. Delicious old school 100-proof Kentucky Bourbon from Heaven Hill. Come and get it. 32.99/750 ml.
- Frugal's hand selected barrel of Crown Royal is here. From the Coffey Rye Still in Manitoba. 103 proof. "Flavorful creamy and fruity notes of banana, combined with rich oak undertones." Crown Royal Hand Selected Barrel. 47.99/750 ml.