Currently on tap: (8.99/64 oz. growler fill except where noted)
- Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager (9.99)
- | Black Abbey Jude
- | Black Abbey Revolutions
- | Czann's Pale Ale
- | Evil Twin Sour Bikini (27.99)
- | Flat 12 Joe Brahma
- | Founders Black Rye (14.99)
- | Hofbrau Original (9.99)
- | Little Harpeth Chicken Scratch
- | Little Harpeth Hibernation
- | Little Harpeth Upstream
- | Mayday Soul
- | New Belgium Cocoa Mole (12.99)
- | Oskar Blues G'Knight (11.99)
- | Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA (9.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America Tater Ridge (10.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Celebration (9.99)
- | Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA (9.99)
- | Sweetwater Blue
- | Turtle Anarchy Soulless Saison
- | Wiseacre Ananda IPA (9.99)
- | Yazoo Helles Bock
- | Yazoo Onward Stout
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Spring Forward Wines.
- Layer Cake Mendoza Malbec 2013, California Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, or Australia Shiraz 2013. 13.99/750 ml.
- Malbec is a classic, but undoubtedly Layer Cake. Big, brooding, black fruit, then rich earth, truffles and dark cocoa are at the front. The Sea of Stones vineyard is at its core, always evident with the thread of minerality that the deep alluvial cobblestones lend. This wine is so elegant in the mouth with fresh-picked blackberries, simmering chocolate sauce on the stove, and somewhere someone's cooking bacon.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is made with grapes from two main vineyards; one in Sonoma County's Alexander Valley and one in sunny Paso Robles. The wine jumps from the glass with aromas of ripe Bing cherries and blackberries plus cedar and dark, rich layers of maduro tobacco. Deep flavors of spice-infused plums, toasty oak, and espresso fill the mouth, with a rich, creamy layered texture, and powerful structure. Flavors of chocolate and black currant continue through the long, lingering finish. 100% Cab. French oak, 30% new. 13.5% ABV.
- Shiraz has aromas of cocoa, warm spice and dark fruit that are very powerful from the first whiff. In the mouth, the wine is layered with rich blackberry, dark cherries and hints of dark, creamy chocolate ganache. The finish lingers on, hanging on your palette while the fruit and spice flavors slowly change and fade.
- Mark West Pinot Noir 2013 displays a pleasing mix of black cherry, cola, strawberry, plum and soft tannins. Sale price. 9.99/750 ml.
Hops and Hot Sauce.
- Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA harnesses the complex flavors of just-picked hops through an all-new method of steam distilling wet hops before they even leave the fields. This revolutionary technique captures and intensifies the natural flavors, creating a unique and intensely aromatic beer. A proprietary process gathers pure hop oil which, when combined with traditional whole-cone hops in the brew kettle makes for a heightened IPA experience. IBU-60. 6.2% ABV. Ratebeer 97. 8.99/6-pack 12 ounce bottles.
- Rogue Sriracha Hot Stout made from Huy Fong original hot chili sauce and sun ripened Rogue Farms ingredients, is ready to drink with soups, sauces, pasta, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, chow mein, or anything you'd like to wash down with a spicy kick. 5.7% ABV. It's created quite a buzz outside of the beer press. 12.99/750 ml.
Thursday April 2nd: Predators Wine Festival & Tasting on the Ice at Bridgestone.
- Save the date, it's the Nashville Predators Wine Festival & Tasting presented by King Jewelers! Thursday April 2nd 6-10 PM.
- Click here for details, and to buy your tickets now.
- As usual, Frugal's is a sponsor as well. Hope to see you there on the ice at Bridgestone!
Willamette Valley Vineyards Hosting VIP Dinner & Tasting.
- Imagine a Five-course dinner and wine pairing in the Patron Platinum Club featuring hand crafted wines personally selected by host Willamette Valley Vineyards. $200 ticket includes Predators Wine Festival and Tasting on the ice as well as the VIP Dinner the same night. Thursday, April 2nd. Dinner starts at 5:30, Tasting at 6:00.
- Click here for details, and to buy your tickets now.
- "Our approach is to grow, by hand, the highest quality fruit using careful canopy management, and to achieve wines that are truly expressive of the varietal and the place where they are grown. Since we ferment and barrel each vineyard lot separately (sometimes as small as two barrels) we can save the best barrels for single vineyard bottlings and Signature Cuvée." - Willamette Valley Vineyards.
- Willamette Valley's Whole Cluster Pinot Noir is a perennial favorite, as well as their Pinot Gris and Riesling. This VIP Dinner is your opportunity to taste a selection including very limited bottlings.
Jacob's Creek Australian Magnum Sale 12.99.
- Jacob's Creek wines from Australia are excellent values, providing fruit-forward classic varietal wines for the price. Now an even better value at this Magnum size low price, just 12.99 each.
- Select from Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, Shiraz 2012, Merlot 2013 or Chardonnay 2013.
- Skyy Vodka starts with the finest American grains, goes through a state-of-the-art quadruple distillation process designed to eliminate anything extra standing between you and a fresh, clean cocktail, and ends with an innovative triple filtration process using real California limestone. We're dropping a lot of science here, but when you have our vodka, you know that it all adds up to smooth taste. OMG that's a great price, right? 19.99/1.75 Liter.
- Jack Daniel's Master Distiller Series 3 features Lem Tolley, who served as Master Distiller from 1941-1964. 39.99/Liter.
Ed Young: Lessons of the Vines.
- Can grapevines have character? Do plants have intelligence? It is common to attribute human traits to animals, but much less common to do it with plants such as grapevines. Winemakers have come to understand that in order to bring out the very best that grapes can be, you have to make them struggle, thus revealing the wine's character. So, the next time you open a bottle, pour it reverently. Swirl and sniff. Think about what those grapes endured. Read it here.