Currently on tap: (price/64 oz. growler fill)
- Against the Grain Something Local (17.99)
- | Alpine Pure Hoppiness (15.99)
- | Atwater Cherry Stout (11.99)
- | Atwater Hop-A-Peel (11.99)
- | Boulder Killer Penguin Barleywine Ale (21.99)
- | Corsair Applewood Smoked Gratzer (14.99)
- | Crazy Mountain Boohai Red Ale (9.99)
- | Czann's Robust Porter (9.99)
- | Einstok Icelandic White Ale (13.99)
- | Founders Dark Penance (17.99)
- | Highland IPA (11.99)
- | Left Hand Fade To Black (11.99)
- | Little Harpeth Stax Black Lager (9.99)
- | Mantra Japa Milk Stout (11.99)
- | Mayday Old Salem Kettle Sour (13.99)
- | Mayday Silk Mill (11.99)
- | Napa Smith Hopageddon (22.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Blizzicane Bock (19.99)
- | Southern Prohibition Ragana (15.99)
- | Tennessee Brew Works Wit Wine (21.99)
- | Victory DirtWolf (13.99)
- | Yazoo Brett Not Sour (17.99)
- | Yazoo Daddy-O (9.99)
- | Yazoo Hop Project IPA (9.99)
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Friday: Meet Jimmy Russell
Tasting & Bottle Signing.
- Meet Jimmy Russell of Wild Turkey fame, Friday 4:00-7:00. Taste through some of the distillery's offerings and get a bottle signed to take home!
High Altitude, Low Price.
- The Don Rodolfo wine collection focuses on Argentina's hallmark grapes, with nearly 150 years of family wine making heritage. The vineyards are located in a coveted, high altitude area, where the rivers are fed by pollution-free water from melted glaciers in the Andes.
- Don Rodolfo Moscato 2014 has a peach and honeydew melon nose. On the palate, it is floral with lightly sweet, velvety textures, finishing with bright acidity. 11.5% ABV. A super crowd pleaser, easy to drink and very well made. 9.99/750 ml.
- These Don Rodolfo estate varietals, same price. 9.99/750 ml.
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 displays aromas of red fruit, plum with hints of spicy black pepper. This cabernet is rich and juicy, with a smooth entrance and gentle tannins. 13.5% ABV.
- Malbec 2014 has aromas of berries, cassis and plums. This wine has rich deep flavors, with smooth and round tannins. 13.5% ABV.
- Pinot Noir 2014 has an expressive bouquet, is very fruity, with black cherry aromas. This is a young, medium structured Pinot with a savory red fruit palate. 13% ABV.
Chateau St. Jean Sale.
- Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay 2014 is a rich, delicious, fruit-forward wine. Bright aromas of ripe apple, creamy lemon pie, warm vanilla and brown spice lead to a rich, supple palate with juicy fruit flavors of fresh nectarine, apple and pineapple. 8.99/750 ml. Save $3.
- Chateau St. Jean Pinot Gris 2012 was fermented in stainless steel to retain its lively acidity. Bright, crisp aromas of fresh lemon, citrus and melon lead to refreshing flavors of citrus, kiwi and orange blossom. 7.99/750 ml. Save $3.
Under a Buck/Glass.
- Beringer California Collection Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay 4.99/750 ml.
- Rex Goliath Varietals, Magnum Size. 7.99/1.5 Liter. (about 10 glasses.)
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio.
Official Beer of New York Comic Con.
- Brooklyn Defender IPA is the official beer of New York Comic Con 2016, this year available in Nashville. It's an explosive West Coast-style IPA with a reddish twist thanks to a dash of roasted malt. Bold, fruity hop bitterness and an intensely resinous nose smash into a sudden dry finish that will refresh. All hail Brooklyn Brewmaster Garrett Oliver, a huge fan of classical comics. 10.49/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
Horny Goat Off-Season Deal.
- Sexy Summer suds at a price that will warm you. Horny Goat, select varieties. 5.99 each pack.
- Choose from: Watermelon Wheat 6-pack 12-ounce, Laka Laka Pineapple Hefe 6-pack 12-ounce, or Tango Delta Tangerine IPA 4-pack 16-ounce.
Two Things that are Smooth on Ice.
- Jack Daniel's has released a limited edition box set with 2 dual logo rock glasses and a Liter bottle of Old No. 7. Each glass has both Predators and Jack Daniel's logos. Case boxes have dual graphics and contain 6 box sets.
- Jack Daniel's Predators Box Set. 29.99/Liter.
Spud Vodka Blowout.
- Spud is made in Poland entirely from potatoes. Distilled 5 times for smoothness, it has subtle, yet distinctive, vanilla notes. Gluten-free. At this price, grab a case. 19.99/1.75 Liter. (Save $10 ea.)
Your Personal Bourbon Shopper.
Frugal's Very Old Scout.
- This latest addition to the Frugal's barrel selection program came from Indiana, not Kentucky. This is a 9-year-old standout made under Master Distiller Greg Metze, bottled at 121 proof. The mash bill is 36% rye. Exceptional taste and smoothness. Non chill filtered, non carbon filtered. It's strong, but deliciously drinkable. Bold, sweet-spicy flavors with subtle apple, cherry and tobacco aroma.
- Smooth Ambler Old Scout Barrel 2280. 54.99/750 ml.
- Whiskey Buyer Myles Murphy has been on the bourbon trail in Kentucky and came back with these awesomely delicious exclusive barrels.
- Knob Creek Frugal's Single Barrel is 9-years old and weighs in at 120 proof. 42.99/750 ml.
- Calumet Farm is a solid bourbon but this bottle really turned heads. This is why you need a personal bourbon shopper. 86 proof. 44.99/750 ml.
Chattanooga Whiskey 1816 Cask.
Frugal's Single Barrel 2008.
- Introducing Frugal's exclusive Single Barrel 1816 Cask, a beautiful whiskey barreled in 2008, weighing in at 111.9 proof. Whiskey to the People, they say. Really good stuff, we say.
Ed Young: February is "Open That Bottle" month.
- For many years the Wall Street Journal had a couple, John Brecher and Dorothy Gaiter, writing their weekly wine column. Every February, they would sponsor their annual "open that bottle" night. On that special night Brecher and Gaiter urged their readers to invite their friends over to open those "saved" bottles at a wonderful tasting party. Ed shares his own best ideas and tips for getting the most out of opening older vintage wines. What better time than February, the most romantic of months to open that saved bottle of wine? Read it here.